Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

more of my new shawl

This is a V-stitch granny triangle style, it's the standard for a shawl to me! The last pic is a close up of the yarn from a sales website of Caron's Super Soft, it was my 1st time using it - totally scrumptious! The blues and the gray don't show up as much in the pics as I thought they would, but I love this yarn. I didn't like that it separated a little when using, and the hook type didn't affect that, so there is that problem. Maybe try a different soft yarn next time.
    more of my new shawl-bext-color-light_shawl_-v_stitchfront-jpg

more of my new shawl-shawlpoint_use_good_color-jpg

more of my new shawl-shawlclose1-edging-jpg

more of my new shawl-sticksandstonesusedformyshawl-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-26-2014 at 10:27 AM.

2. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really like your shawl, Susan. Simply Soft is a great yarn to work with. I've used it for so many things. I didn't like it at first because I thought it was splitty, but when I realized I was making my stitches too tight and loosened up, the yarn became a dream!

I've toying with the idea of making a poncho with Simply Soft. Seeing your shawl has motivated me...thanks, kiddo!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very pretty, Susan! Thanks for sharing!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, your shawl is just lovely! I enlarged the picture of the yarn and you can see the blues and grays. What a pretty yarn you chose to make it with.

I am almost finished with my DIL's shawl for Christmas. I used the granny triangle pattern I found on youtube. I started to do a picot edging on it but changed my mind. I did a simple edging just by crocheting 2 and chaining 2 and crocheting 2 in the same space. I did that for 3 rows. I wanted to do a simple shawl and edging since it was my 1st time doing a shawl. I just need to sew in a few edges and then I will get my daughter to take a picture or 2 of it and I will post it. I think it turned out pretty good considering it was my first time. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like

wasn't it fun doing the shawl?!

Linda, I'd love to see the one you made! That was my 1st one too, I spent about 35-40 hours on it and I was taking my time, really enjoying the work on it, being careful on the corners and turns! The triangle shawl is my very favorite. I'll be making another one that's totally different looking, and all it takes is diff. yarn to make it look like a diff. pattern anyway! I might do a slight stitch change on the next one, there's one that I'm hoping a girl I know is going to release a pattern for that is still triangle but has diff. stitching.

Your trim sounds nice. I've been collecting edging patterns for more options on the next one and other things that need trim. I plan to wear mine on days when I don't need a big coat, and we don't need big coats for long in S.C. So I think I'll get a lot of use from the soft luscious shawl!!

I'm sitting here now making a hat to match it, out of plain brown that matches the shawl, because the yarn from the shawl is too soft to do the brim this hat has. It's a 20's style cloche and I hope to be able to flip up one side of it sometimes, and I'm going to put a flower with the shawl yarn and colors that match it too, to make a small cluster on one side, plus a couple of leaves.

I'm really excited about my new outer wear 'outfit'...post yours when you can!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-24-2014 at 12:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You're welcome! I love ponchos, remember when everyone had them in the the 60's and even still in the early 70's?! A soft one would be beautiful. Do one and post it for us I'll be making another for sure, I so enjoyed doing it. It didn't use as much yarn as I thought it would, and the time in it was so much fun and I love that you can't buy anything like it!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 10-24-2014 at 12:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It s pretty
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice work, Susan. I love the colors!

I hope you're doing well.

Lots of love,
    Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx so much, I appreciate the comment! Yes, the fall/winter colors are just beautiful, I'm very blessed to be able to make the pieces.

And thx for asking about me. I'm basically the same, my feet & legs give me more problems on some days than others but it's new problems I waiting for some tests to come back about my knee to see if I can get some gel injections in it that might possibly help cartilage grow and postpone surgery for I hope a very long time, but I won't know for a few more days. I have a lot of medical procedures to go thru in the next few week, and am taking a lot of extra physical therapy. Not fun!

Are you still learning to knit? How's that coming along? That's something I never plan to do, but I know it's enjoyable to a lot of people! Good luck on that, show me something when you get done with it! love susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Jo, I so enjoyed making those cowls and my shawl. I've made lots of hats but for the others they were my 1st and that's exciting!