Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Enlarging a pattern

I'd like to enlarge a pattern for a sweater that is patterned for a newborn. I'd like to make it in a 3-6 mo and a 9-12 mo sizes. Does anyone know how to do this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Helen.
    Yes I do. We'll need to know what the required gauge or tension that is required...how many stitches and rows per 4 inches. It should be in the pattern that you have.
    Next.. we'll need to know what the chest measurement and the length from shoulder to bottom hem in the newborn size.
    Let me know when you've found this information and I'll show you the next step.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Voth View Post
    Hello Helen.
    Yes I do. We'll need to know what the required gauge or tension that is required...how many stitches and rows per 4 inches. It should be in the pattern that you have.
    Next.. we'll need to know what the chest measurement and the length from shoulder to bottom hem in the newborn size.
    Let me know when you've found this information and I'll show you the next step.
    Guage: 4 sts to the inch, and two rows to the inch. It doesn't have the chest measurements. I found it at
    Bellabambinaknits and it is labeled sweater coat. I did make one of the newborn size, but it came out perfectly and I gifted it, so I don't even have that one to measure.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try a larger hook size first, and maybe 2 strands of yarn {or just heavier yarn} together since the pattern is for a newborn.
    So, if you used a G hook and Caron Simply Soft yarn, I would use a strand of RHSS and an I hook, or if that is not big enough, then use 2 strands of RHSS and a K hook.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Voth View Post
    No, it's the pink one that sways Sweater Coat.