Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4
    Post Thanks / Like

Attention Lynda Fey

I hope I can geAttention Lynda Fey-emmpty-camera-7-9-14-217-jpgAttention Lynda Fey-emmpty-camera-7-9-14-216-jpgt the picture I was going to post for you.

OK, in the black one I added a big border of black around each block and then another smaller border of white (or cream) see how it looks like I made a strip of white between each row up or across but that is just adding a border around each square. I just whipped-stitched the blocks together with a big yarn needle and black yarn. And there you have it looking like I crocheted strips between the blocks! Sorry that should say "with a big yarn needle and white yarn instead of black yarn".

In the shades of purple or lavender (hard to tell if this is the shades of lavender or purple one) I just added a small border of variegated purples ( lavenders) around each smaller block and see what it does. This made the black one big enough for a bedspread with fewer blocks.

I have a big box full of all the blocks have rec'd. I may have enough for 2 or 3 afghans or a bedspread maybe. They are still in the envelopes you all mailed to me. After I opened them, I put them back in the envelopes so I know which month and who sent them. I am going to put a label on each one that isn't labeled so I will know who sent them when I look at my completed project. All I am going to print on the labels are the month and year and name of who made the block. I intend to join again in January or whenever we start doing this again. Love ya all and thanks for a great year so far, XOXOXO, Patty

PS I can tell you how to label your squares without using computer printed ones, with a permanent ink pen and ribbon if you want me to.
    Last edited by redhead; 10-18-2014 at 09:49 AM. Reason: I said thr wrong color of yarn for sewing the white bordered blocks

2. Likes cybarra, Lili liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Gosh Patty you do lovely work. They're both just beautiful!

Shelley

4. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    your blankets are very pretty

6. Thanks redhead thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh my gosh Patty, what beautiful work you do! I see what you mean by adding the borders around the squares in each afghan. When I get ready to sew my squares together I will put a border around them and then I will make me a big afghan for my bed so it will have the look of yours. This has learned me a lesson. I wish that I had done that before with the 50 squares that I made to make my aunt her small afghan for Christmas but now it's too late because I have this to finish along with other gifts that I need to get done. I would very much like for you to tell me how to do the labels without the computer printed ones. When you have the time of course. No hurry. I thank you so much for sharing pictures of your work so I could see what you were talking about. xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    These spreads are lovely! What pretty work!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Fey View Post
    Oh my gosh Patty, what beautiful work you do! I see what you mean by adding the borders around the squares in each afghan. When I get ready to sew my squares together I will put a border around them and then I will make me a big afghan for my bed so it will have the look of yours. This has learned me a lesson. I wish that I had done that before with the 50 squares that I made to make my aunt her small afghan for Christmas but now it's too late because I have this to finish along with other gifts that I need to get done. I would very much like for you to tell me how to do the labels without the computer printed ones. When you have the time of course. No hurry. I thank you so much for sharing pictures of your work so I could see what you were talking about. xoxoxo Lynda
    The way I am getting ready to make labels without the computer is this way: Find a permanent ink pen, like a Papermate Flexgrip. There is another word that I can't read... and they do not say permanent on the pen. They are everywhere like Walmart ( a really popular brand) and the barrel on mine is grey in color. I used a med point but I am going to try to find a fine point one...print will be finer and I will have more room for the printing. And also I can cut my ribbons into shorter pieces making them go farther. You can try Sharpies but I didn't have very good luck with them even tho they are permanent they bled onto the fabric. I went to Joann Fabrics yesterday and bought 2 spools of ribbon (size 1/8 in. X 18 ft) for $2.99 a spool and I had a coupon for 50% off and another 40% OFF so my 2 spools only cost me $3.51 incl. tax .That will make several tags. As long as you choose light colored ribbon your printing should show up.
    Cut a piece of the ribbon off and practice writing or printing and see if you like it.
    Take the ribbon and unroll it to how long you want it and double it back on itself to see if you have enough room to write you inf. Cut it and write what you want on it and then double it with the ends inside and stitch together so you can attach it to your square.

BTW I took my practice strip and gave it the wet test and it passed! Nothing disappeared or bled! So I am making the next few tags in this way.

I am trying to put another picture into my picture folder so I can email it to you. First I am going to go advanced and see if I can attach a picture on here. Sorry this is not working for me because this attachment won't open up. maybe I can go to the picture forum and post this picture. Love, Patty

Shoot!!! that didn't work either Lynda, I will mail it to you if you want it. Love, Patty
    Last edited by redhead; 10-21-2014 at 07:34 AM.

10. Likes Lili liked this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patty,

Your afghans are lovely! Thanks for the tip on how to make the labels. I need to do that for mine, since I also still have them all in their envelopes.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

12. Likes Lynda Fey liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Patty,

Your afghans are lovely! Thanks for the tip on how to make the labels. I need to do that for mine, since I also still have them all in their envelopes.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥
    Hi Jo, Thanks for the compliment. I finally got 2 rolls of ribbon to work with and I am going to go to the dollar store (and probably Walmart) and look for fine tip Papermate pens in a little while. Then I will put a movie in and sit down and write and cut ribbons and start stitching the ends of them together ready to sew on the squares I have received so far. I have been on They keep saying there is no problem in my area but maybe we have found the problem now, at least I hope we have. I have wireless internet connections. We did some switching around with cords and it seem to be working now. Love Patty