Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you use a home budget plan from month to month?

Having a home budget can be so helpful in making ends meet. I have a budget for paying off the bills on a regular basis. But, I have a hard time actually putting money aside being a single parent. It always seems the money is gone and there are things needed on a regular basis.

Do you have a home budget you use on a regular basis? Are you able to put money aside for emergencies?

Post Thanks / Like
    Ever since I was little, I learned how to budget and it has stuck with me ever since. I am very disciplined when it comes to budgeting. I used to have labeled envelopes and each week would put x amount of money in each for whatever project it was for. And I never took money out of them for any reason until the time came that it was to be used. Did that through both marriages and in between too. LOL. Now it is just me but I still keep to a budget, my electric company offers a budget plan so I signed up for that. I would imagine it is harder when there is more than one person involved.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    It is just my husband and myself but we do a budget every month. I subtract x amount of dollars each week and put it into what I call "Savings" and then I pay our bills on what is left. I know it's harder to do when you are a single mom with children. I know cause I've been there.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Ever since I was little, I learned how to budget and it has stuck with me ever since. I am very disciplined when it comes to budgeting. I used to have labeled envelopes and each week would put x amount of money in each for whatever project it was for. And I never took money out of them for any reason until the time came that it was to be used. Did that through both marriages and in between too. LOL. Now it is just me but I still keep to a budget, my electric company offers a budget plan so I signed up for that. I would imagine it is harder when there is more than one person involved.

Roe
    Oh my, that was exactly my budgeting plan when my kids still lived at home, Roe, with the exception of the electric company...they've offered a plan like that but I've never signed up for it. Nowadays with just hubby and me, I don't budget even though I do tend to keep my grocery shopping below a certain amount for the week.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I budget month to month and then break it down to four weeks. Really helps with those big regular bills like property taxes,sewer and water. Used to be easy but now with husband out of work and no further unemployment coming in simply do not spend on anything but necessities and bills. Glad for my yarn stash as that is where the holiday gifts are coming from. Happy that the kids are grown and on their own-don't know what I would do if they were little....... imalefty

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I budget every month. I keep a ledger with all the debited monthly bills and just before the 1st of the month I set up the new one for the month we are about in. Then I write everything in my check book that I know is coming out and subtract from the amount I get each month and everything else is mine to spend and that AINT MUCH EITHER! I really can't save much. I have done this for a lot of years. I have to be careful what I spend over my regular bills and so far I think I do pretty good. The hospital is helping me with those bills now that I have had breast surgery. They are really good to help those that can't pay the medical bills. I thank God for their help.... and for His too! Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    We don't really keep a budget, at least not on paper or the computer etc. My husband is pretty good at knowing the amount we have at any given time and what we can or can't afford.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't really keep a budget. I am on disabiity and all my bills are the same each month so it is very easy for me. The first things I take out is the bills and I always pay all of them on the first. I always know what I have because I always check my card everyday so always know what I can or cannot buy with it.