Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

Do you sit down for family meals?

Many of us are so busy, that we do not take the time to sit down with family to eat. Spending time with family is so important and the days go by very quickly.

Do you take the time to sit down for family meals? If you live alone, do you make it a routine to eat with someone on a regular basis?

Post Thanks / Like
    When I was little, we always ate as a family and I kept it up through two marriages. Now that I am alone (have no kids from either marriage), I have gotten kind of spoiled and eat when I want to and what I want to. LOL. Other than an occasional lunch out with friends or having them over for dinner, I eat on my own and honestly, doesn't bother me to do that.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    When all 4 lids were still at home , we tried to do it almost every night (made harder by various practices, games, etc). Now with only adult son still at home, it's mostly just DH and me. But we do sit at the table, no TV unless very important game, every night and also breakfast.

Post Thanks / Like
    We always sat down together for supper. I thought it was really important. My daughter has carried it on at her house. They always sit down for supper. But once my husband became so ill we didn't do it anymore since he was bedridden. I always sit down at the table to eat even tho it is just me. Guess it became a habit. But don't have any certain time to eat. Just eat when I want to.

5. Likes Poinciana liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hubby and I sit down together for breakfast and dinner. We both grew up in families where it was accepted, and expected, practice to sit down together for meals and we continue the custom.

You know the saying the family that prays together stays together? I, also feel that the family that eats together stays together. Our children do it with their families, too!

Naturally, lunchtime is the exception. But if I'm alone at lunchtime, I still eat at the table, usually reading a book, lol! I used to eat lunch at the computer but let that habit fall by the wayside. I don't even snack at the computer anymore...had to replace too many keyboards, lol!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    yes we sit down for meals at the table. When I was a child living at home, my family always sat around the table and ate our meals. It was a time for us to visit with each other and find out what happened in each others day. As I grew older and married, I carried this tradition to my own family. We have always sat at the table and ate our meals. When the kids were in school activities it sometimes was hard for the entire family to do this, but now that the kids are married and out of the house, they too carry out this tradition. My youngest daughter's husband had never sat down at a table during meal time until he came to our house. His family was always used to grabbing something to eat and either going to their rooms, or watching TV and eating. He thought it was really wierd to begin with to sit down at a table and that everyone had their own chair at the table, but now he has gotten used to it and my daughter's family has implemented eating at the table together also. Prayer before eating and celebrating ones day are important to my family and I am glad that as time permits my daughter's and their families do the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    We're doing good if we can actually sit down together once a week for a meal. I don't cook a meal every single day due to my husband's stomach issues {some days he isn't hungry until it's too late for me to cook}, we just fend for ourselves most nights, but even then sometimes we try to sit down together as much as possible. My daughter is a grazer, it seems, and likes to run and eat, instead of sit down and eat, so that is hard sometimes, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    yes we do sit down together and eat meals. It is on trays in the living room because we just live in a single wide mobile home so we cannot get a dining set in but on Thanksgiving and Christmas when the family gathers I use the folding tables that I use for my craft shows and the kids bring some chairs and we eat together. There are some days we don't but most of the time we do