Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from JanineJoy

Hi Everyone,

I'm a newbie at crochet. My start recently was with crochet thread, making leprosy bandages. Then my grandson wanted me to make him a throw with his favorite college colors (tho he is only 13). If you have seen the race car throw....that is what I finished.

I am now tackling, with little knowledge, the Bernat #251 Cool Crochet Poncho. So I will soon be asking for help on that pattern. There is no video which is most helpful to me. So, I'm struggling.

So glad I found this site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

3. Thanks JanineJoy thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the community! It is nice to meet you and we hope you truly enjoy your stay!!

Happy crocheting!!

5. Thanks JanineJoy thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks! I'm just trying to find my way around this site now. I hope to enjoy it too.

7. Likes AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. You will get plenty of help and tips here

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the welcome. Since I'm new at crochet I really appreciate having experienced people to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Dear AudryL, if I'm asking too much just let me know. There is a pattern I'm working on I'm having trouble with. It's online at Bernat #251 Cool Crochet Poncho. I have followed the directions into the 2nd row, and just before the center V-point it says....1dc in each of next 2 sc..then 1 dc.Ch 3. 1dc. If I do 1dc in each of next 2 sc before the V-point... That makes 5 dc in a row and throughout there are 3 dc. Followed by Ch.2 . So that doesn't look correct. Where am I going wrong?