Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Crochet or Knit Business (Member Share)

Do you have a crochet or knit business you would like to share with the other members here? If so, please let us know the following information:

Name of Crochet or Knit Business

How long have you had this business?

What prompted you to begin your crochet or knit business?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know if you would actually call it a business but I go to a lot of local craft shows to sell my crafts and I do have flyers and cards. I take orders if they see something they like and want it in another color or if they want something in particular. I just do it to make a little extra income. I don't make much yet. I have been going to craft shows for the last 3 to 4 years and my sign says Sonnetta's Heavenly Crafts. I named it that because God gave me the talent to do what I do. Everything I make is in glory of God.

Post Thanks / Like
    No, never had a business. Just sold small items when I worked (only because they saw I was making gifts and everyone wanted them). But never as an income producing business.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    I have not had a business but I love to make blankets to donate to Project Linus.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have an ETSY store I have sold s few things. It is"Nita's crochet hooks" also a web sit "Nita Hooks.com" It all started 4 yrs ago. I crochet almost 24/7. One year I made 8 afghans for the family for Xmas. I just have so many things I thought I would try to sell them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, My name is Lorijo and I recently started an etsy shop by the name of Grandma Lori's Magic Needles. My daughter convinced me to set it up with her help. So far I've sold nothing but I haven't done much to advertise myself because I'm busy with personal projects. I think I will put a link on Facebook when I am done with the afghan I'm making for my new grand daughter. I started crocheting after I taught myself from a book 12 years ago. I was having my first grandbaby and my grandma was gone by this time. She made every new baby an afghan and the tradition couldn't die with her. I'm enjoying amigurumi now and I recently won a few ribbons in our local artisans show. I have seldom made anything that I sold so far and most of what I have made I have given as gifts. Crochet is a true love of mine now and there isn't much I won't attempt to tackle. I've done delicate thread doilies, bookmarks and Christmas decorations like snowflakes. I have molded thread bowls. I do scarves and afghans, belts and purses and stuffed animals. I have played with crochet jewelry but was never too impressed with what I made in that department. Right now I am also working on some learning toys my Montessori teacher, daughter requested. These work with sorting colors, sizes and doing matching. These will be up in my shop shortly. I just found your forum and am excited to be a part of it!