Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

What is your favorite home remedy?

Home remedies have been around for a long, long time. Even our grandmothers have passed some down to us through the years.

Do you have some home remedies you would like to share?

Post Thanks / Like
    Everyone laughs at me when I tell them this, but if you have a bad cut, soak it in warm water with a capful of liquid Lysol. It takes away all the pain. One other is if you get charley horses in you legs and feet take Vitamin E capsules everyday. Drs. will tell you it won't work but I use to have Charley horses all the time, an old Gentlemen told me to take vitamin E so I thought it can't hurt. Any more if I get Charlie Horses it is because I have forgotten to take my Vitimin E for a couple weeks. It does take a couple months to begin to take effect but I swear by it. I have been taking it for 34 years.

Post Thanks / Like
    My mom used to tell us to sleep with a scarf (but not tight, LOL) around our necks if we had a sore throat to keep it warm. Did seem to help.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    LI Roe, Mom did the same thing but put Vicks on our throat first.

5. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    Home remedies have been around for a long, long time. Even our grandmothers have passed some down to us through the years.

Do you have some home remedies you would like to share?
    I favor 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar with 1 tablespoon honey mixed in a glass of water. I drink it daily, especially a small glass of it before eating out, specifically before ordering wings or seafood. It's supposed to protect you just in case you get a bad shrimp or oyster or something. If it works for that I couldn't say but I've never had a problem, lol!

I have a medicine-free home, with the exception of a small bottle of over-the-counter ibuprofen.
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think this is called a remedy but I had read to use hydrogen peroxide for mouthwash.

Post Thanks / Like
    I use to use Peroxide to whiten my teeth.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I get a burn {from touching a hot skillet on accident, or something of the sort} I get my hand wet where the burn is, and I put flour on it and let it stay on for about 20 minutes then I carefully wipe it off. It takes the burn away pretty much instantly.
    I use self-rising flour and I keep it in the fridge, as well, so that way it is also cool when it is put on for burns.

10. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I burn my tongue with hot coffee or soup or anything, I put a bit of real sugar on it and it takes the burn out immediately.
    Also, to cure hiccups, I put a teaspoon (or less) of sugar between my bottom lip and the front of my bottom teeth. Hold it there till it dissolves and the hiccups will be gone. Works for me every time!
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

12. Thanks Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post