Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What do you do on the weekends?

Some of us work through the week, while others are home full time. For me, my weekends run into my days since I am home most of the time. I thought it would be fun to hear what others do on the weekends.

Do you take time to relax? Do you spend special time with the family?

What do you do on the weekends?

Post Thanks / Like

Cool

Weekends? NASCAR, college football, church, and outdoor grilling!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    My weekends and weekdays are about the same since I have become disabled. I don't clean on Sunday's, I just relax and enjoy the day.

Post Thanks / Like
    My husband and I farm so for us, it doesn't matter if it is a weekend or not, if we need to be in the field or preparing the equipment, we work holidays, weekends, nights, etc. The only thing that shuts us down is rain and then we have equipment to work on, either grease, change chisel teeth, do brake jobs, work on the semi's etc. we do all our own maintenance and repairs on our equipment. I quit my job to help my husband full time on the farm. It is just so hard to get good help. We had a young fellow helping us, but he decided that he needed our things more than we did and started stealing from us. We eventually had to let him go. I usually took time off from the clinic to help with harvest, but was not able to get all my vacation time due to scheduling conflicts, so my husband decided that he needed me more on the farm that the doctors did. So....now I am full time on the farm. I miss the chances to be with other women and miss my patients, but I guess for now this will do. Sometimes, I wish I could go with other women in the fall to craft shows or weekend getaways, but I have never been able to do that because that is our busy time. When others are enjoying the wonderful weather or out shopping etc, I am in the field in the tractor. When we do get time off and caught up with our work, we like to go out of state and visit our children. Harvest brings back good memories for my kids and they like to bring their families back home to ride in the combine and watch the harvest and see the ground tilled black again awaiting the spring planting. My relaxation comes in the evening when I have all my inside chores done and I can sit down and crochet or read.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Weekends can be just like little drummers. Depends on the rain , whether we are working ground, planting, fertilizer application, applying pesticide-herbicide, or harvesting. I do most of the cooking for everyone, running for parts, helping when 3 or 4 hands are needed with repairs. Since we plant winter wheat and have no livestock winter gives us more time for hobbies,etc. Also taking care of my mom who has the start of dementia takes alot of my time, Dr. appointments etc. Sunday mornings are spent in church and Sunday school, afternoons are for resting except during harvest and planting. It's a busy life but I wouldn't' have it any other way.

Post Thanks / Like
    Since I am retired, my weekends are just kind of extensions of my weekdays. I walk, go out with friends, puppy sit if needed for my neighbors dog, whatever I feel like doing or need to do. If the weather is bad, then I stay in and do indoor things, otherwise I am out and enjoy the weather.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    My weekends are just like L I Roes. Just and extention of the weekdays.

Post Thanks / Like
    Being a happily retired lady, my weekdays and weekends mesh together. Shopping, day trips, household tasks, hobbies, projects and family time! The exception is that I attend church on Sunday. With my busy schedule, I do find time to relax.

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

Post Thanks / Like
    Where I am disabled my weekdays and weekends used to run together but for the latest five years I have my God daughter on weekends so my weekends are filled with playing barbie, the park and swim lessons.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't currently have any special timing for anything. I do whatever needs to be done any day, or what we want to do, whenever we have time to do it. My husband's only real day off is Sunday.... we either go major shopping or just sit home and relax on Sunday's normally {most of the time it's just relaxing}.