Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Post Thanks / Like

Talking OPPS...Reversable...

OPPS...Reversable...-026-jpgOPPS...Reversable...-028-jpgStarted a lapghan and didn't like the pattern. Was in a "MOOD" (anyone else get those)? So...thought I would just try doing something mindless to kill time that evening. Started with the same number on chain and plan was to just do 1st row sc, 2nd dc, 3rd hdc. When I got to row 3 I remembered this stich I did from another pattern I had done previously...after you do row of hdc you turn and next row is worked (not in regular stich), but in the line that is created by hdc and is located just below the regular stich. I had this chunky yarn that I bought with nothing in mind other than I just liked it and would eventually do something with it. Did the first rows and realised I could use another color (chunky also) and make something that looked a bit more colorful. PROBLEM...(did I tell you I was in a MOOD)? I did NOT think about rs/ws...so, did the first 3 rows and the hdc turn & bottom line in chunky gray, now I have (gray line) created by hdc work, continue pattern to next hdc line and change color. Works great...except, now the line created by hdc work is on the other side (if you are not thinking...rs/ws), however, I was too lazy to pull out work and after working in this pattern for several more rows and color changes, I realised lapghan is "Reversible". Gray lines on one side and Maroon lines on the other. Who knew mistakes are sometimes cool...((Moods)) not so much.

A little hard to see line on these pics but best my camera can do...

Kate

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    How awesome is that!!!!! It is beautiful!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, nearly finished...

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that is a really cool afghan. You would never know it was almost a mistake.

Roe