Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: need help

Post Thanks / Like

need help

I am hosting a dinner at friends restaurant. All our friends know him. In the past when the owner hosted a dinner most of the guest(our friends) goes all over, in the kitchen,at the bar at the cash register. In short they don't act like a guest. How do I write an invitation to my friends without hurting their feelings, to respect the restaurant policy and not to take matter in their own hand. I am providing Red,white wine and beer I don't want them to go to the bar and order any drinks they like. Only thing restaurant will make is Margaritas. The food is going to be vegetarian. How do I draft this?.

Thank you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by niru View Post
    I am hosting a dinner at friends restaurant. All our friends know him. In the past when the owner hosted a dinner most of the guest(our friends) goes all over, in the kitchen,at the bar at the cash register. In short they don't act like a guest. How do I write an invitation to my friends without hurting their feelings, to respect the restaurant policy and not to take matter in their own hand. I am providing Red,white wine and beer I don't want them to go to the bar and order any drinks they like. Only thing restaurant will make is Margaritas. The food is going to be vegetarian. How do I draft this?.

Thank you.
    Hi, niru. My thoughts are that you send out a lovely invitation without mentioning any of the concerns you've stated. You smile brightly and sincerely at your function, relax and enjoy yourself! Let the restaurant owner worry about the rest.
    Last edited by Poinciana; 10-05-2014 at 06:59 PM. Reason: text color
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input I will do that and let you know how it went.