Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

What has been your most difficult crochet or knit project?

For some of us crocheting is a breeze for all the projects we have encountered. For some of us, there always seems to be a project that we struggle with no matter what we do.

What has been the most difficult crochet or knit project you have worked on (or tried to work on)?

Post Thanks / Like
    I hunted for a long time for a Rectangal Tablecloth, I finally found one and could never figure it out, I worked on it for several months and had to rip it completely out so many times I finally quit on it. It was a Pineapple Pattern Tablecloth.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have had problems with hats being too large.

Post Thanks / Like
    When I first started doing hats, some were too big, then I experimented and used different hooks and eliminated stitches and they are now good. I write down by each pattern that I have tweaked, what I did so that the next one is the same.

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    When I first started doing hats, some were too big, then I experimented and used different hooks and eliminated stitches and they are now good. I write down by each pattern that I have tweaked, what I did so that the next one is the same.

Roe
    Thank you Roe I will remember that next time I do a hat. I really appreciate that advice. God bless you

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    The main problem I encounter is when I am making large projects such as large afghans, or even scarves {if I work them long-ways instead of by width}. The problem occurs with the beginning chain being too tight so the starting end of the project is tight and not stretchy, and the other end is more stretchy with sc or any other stitch at the finish. The way I have learned to fix this is of course either chain more loosely, or simply do a foundation sc instead of a foundation of chains. When I do chain, for anything, though, I work my first stitches into the back loop only of each chain, which virtually makes it become it's own new stitch. This also helps with another problem I used to have, when I would put the border on the finished project, there would be slight "holes" where the beginning chain was. With working into the back loop of each chain at the start of the project, this also eliminates those "holes."

Post Thanks / Like
    Started a pair of slippers too hard to to figure out, got half way done with one slipper and decided didn't like it as well, tried to work on it for over 8 hours over a few days, so scrapped it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you Susan for this site. It will come in very useful when I do hats, they have given me the most trouble.

Post Thanks / Like
    My current project is a shelf elf and my crochet just doesn't seem to be going right. I am taking a break from it to work on a baby afghan. If I try too long and it doesn't go well I tend to quit. But I want this made for Christmas so maybe taking a break will help.