Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
    Post Thanks / Like

scarf for my cousin

This is a scarf for my 1st cousin who is only one of two cousins I still have, there's one one each side of my family. This one was born in the same year as I was and we're very close. I love her dearly, and she's always sending me a little $$ for Christmas and my birthday. I made her some nice jewelry last year that she wears a lot, but this year I have a BIG surprise for her! Two Shades of Blue I call it, a modified version of Fiber Flux's Ingrid scarf. Theirs is sold gray with edging on one side only. Mine is navy with Country Blue down the middle and edged all around it. The blue color isn't very good in these pics, it's more of a soft wedgewood (not this bright blue). The rolled up pic is how I'm keeping it until Christmas! Usually projects are prettier in person!

******BUT, I've made a revision to the scarf and I'm going to post the new pic in the post where the headband is. That way you can see that it will work much better for her white winter coat than just the all blue only scarf will. What do you think?

scarf for my cousin-scrf4-jpg

scarf for my cousin-scrf3-jpg

scarf for my cousin-scrf1-jpg

scarf for my cousin-sc15-jpg

scarf for my cousin-sc12-jpg
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-30-2014 at 09:51 AM.

2. Likes Lili, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Very prettu Susan. Can you crochet with Chennile or the fuzzy yarns or I think they call it Eyelash yarn. I have lots of these & I just can't use it. Could you use some? If so I will send some later as I already have a box of fall colors ready to tape up & send. Will have to wait for the next ck to come in & pay all the bills & then whats left is mine to do as I please. Some of the yarn is heaver too. Mite be called home spun or Home something. I found it very hard to work with. What ever. Let me know.

Post Thanks / Like

whoa!

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Very prettu Susan. Can you crochet with Chennile or the fuzzy yarns or I think they call it Eyelash yarn. I have lots of these & I just can't use it. Could you use some? If so I will send some later as I already have a box of fall colors ready to tape up & send. Will have to wait for the next ck to come in & pay all the bills & then whats left is mine to do as I please. Some of the yarn is heaver too. Mite be called home spun or Home something. I found it very hard to work with. What ever. Let me know.
    Shirley, you're putting me into cardiac arrest, lol, YES I can use that! I've never even touched Chennile! I hope your rummage sale went well but if people didn't buy yarn, they're nuts! You and my guardian yarn angels came to my rescue, making possible for me to continue crocheting. I was down to 3 partial skeins, scraps and I still have that baby yarn, of course. I'm sure I'll make some baby things one day, I've always wanted to try a bib.

Ladybug, you know your yarn level and your finance, so you do as you can, and I'll take what I can get when you can send it. Thx to you & the others, they know who they are, I'm crocheting wonderful pieces of work (to me they are at least!). I love you all so much, I am blessed to know you all. Susan

oops, for got to post the headband. Remember, she wears a white winter coat. Do I have crazy taste, or is it cool?! It's different at least, and you can't buy it in the store! These pics show how dark that navy in the scarf really is, and it also show the country blue real color better.

scarf for my cousin-whb4-jpg

scarf for my cousin-whb2-jpg

scarf for my cousin-whb3-jpg

scarf for my cousin-whb1-jpg

Ok, here is scarf with white added down the very center line, I just did an over-stitch in soft white so now it will be prefect for her white coat! I laid the headband over the top of the scarf so you could see them near each other.

scarf for my cousin-newset3-jpg

And does it never fail that one TINY piece of blue fuzzy needed clipping RIGHT in front of the white line during the "photo shoot", lol! I'm a perfectionist and it bothered me, so I clipped it off.... BUT I wasn't about to shoot more pics on that laptop camera - NO WAY! The photo stays like it is for now! I know my cousin will enjoy her presents made with love, which is always the best.
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 09-30-2014 at 10:11 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusansSoulShines View Post
    This is a scarf for my 1st cousin who is only one of two cousins I still have, there's one one each side of my family. This one was born in the same year as I was and we're very close. I love her dearly, and she's always sending me a little $$ for Christmas and my birthday. I made her some nice jewelry last year that she wears a lot, but this year I have a BIG surprise for her! Two Shades of Blue I call it, a modified version of Fiber Flux's Ingrid scarf. Theirs is sold gray with edging on one side only. Mine is navy with Country Blue down the middle and edged all around it. The blue color isn't very good in these pics, it's more of a soft wedgewood (not this bright blue). The rolled up pic is how I'm keeping it until Christmas! Usually projects are prettier in person!

******BUT, I've made a revision to the scarf and I'm going to post the new pic in the post where the headband is. That way you can see that it will work much better for her white winter coat than just the all blue only scarf will. What do you think?

scarf for my cousin-scrf4-jpg

scarf for my cousin-scrf3-jpg

scarf for my cousin-scrf1-jpg

scarf for my cousin-sc15-jpg

scarf for my cousin-sc12-jpg
    Hi Susan,
    Very nice pics What's that last picture? The hats are nice too

Post Thanks / Like

laptop cams make bad crochet pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Susan,
    Very nice pics What's that last picture? The hats are nice too
    Jean, that picture is the scarf folded down to show you the scarf and the end of it all in one photo. I know it looks funky, sorry! Check the headband pic to go with scarf, I added a strip of white over-stitching to the scarf and it's to go with a white cost so know I think it's ready to go!

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I think the scarf and headband will go beautifully with her white winter coat. Such lovely things and what wonderful gifts to receive. Your right, gifts made with love are always the best gifts!! xoxoxo Lynda

Post Thanks / Like
    Love what you are doing with the yarn. As soon as I get my livingroom painted(tomorrow) I am suspending cleaning for a while. I have to work on my Christmas wreaths & arrangements for the 2 craft shows I do.It makes me happy to help out. I will send the fall box very soon & then later the fuzzy stuff.I stopped in Goodwill today when I took my car completely full of rummage to them.but no yarn None the last 3 times I've stopped.But that's the way it works out. Have fun with the yarn. Will try to get it out this wk if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by ladybug View Post
    Love what you are doing with the yarn. As soon as I get my livingroom painted(tomorrow) I am suspending cleaning for a while. I have to work on my Christmas wreaths & arrangements for the 2 craft shows I do.It makes me happy to help out. I will send the fall box very soon & then later the fuzzy stuff.I stopped in Goodwill today when I took my car completely full of rummage to them.but no yarn None the last 3 times I've stopped.But that's the way it works out. Have fun with the yarn. Will try to get it out this wk if possible.
    Hey busy lady! Painting, crochet, TWO craft shows, what else? Wish I could do a craft show, but the good ones around here cost a fortune for a booth, and at the small shows people want you to give things away. Of course you'd have to have a ton of yarn and I'm making things for me, the needy and my family for Christmas now.

Get the box out when it's easy for you, you sweet woman you, lol! I hope you read the post I made on here talking about my yarn guardian angels, of which you are one!! thank you SO much, crochet is SO good to help me not think about pain...I'm so addicted, as I always have been that way with any crafts I've always done!

Be careful painting! By for now...susan

Post Thanks / Like
    Thx Linda...I'm not sure if I said it but my cousin has done so much for me, this is just a nice way to give her something nice even tho she doesn't expect it - but to be able to surprise her with this set just thrills me! I loved making it knowing it was for her! Love begets love!

Post Thanks / Like
    Susan, I know you loved making it for her. You are right, love does beget love! Your cousin will be so surprised and thrilled to get the gift set! I bet she will be very pretty in her white winter coat with the matching scarf and headband. It is very nice of her to do so much for you and it is good that you 2 are so close. What a wonderful gift to receive from you with so much love crocheted into the gift and to be surprised at that. xoxoxo Lynda