Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Help with glove pattern

Need pattern help, please. I am not new to crochet, but have done very little circular work. Pattern is a written tutorial on Fingerless Gloves.
    She says - I prefer back-and-forth joined rows with odd rows worked in back loops and even worked in front loops.
    Chain enough etc., slip stitch to join, make circle. 2. In back-and-forth joined rows, dbl crochet -etc.
    3. Continue back-and-forth rows etc, etc.
    I understand the other directions except how can you join rows and work back & forth in them?
    After the thumb hole opening, slip stitch to join. Cintinue back & forth joined rows until length desired.
    Again, there it is "back & forth joined rows". There is no seaming like in flat worked glove. Thank you for any help offered. I am sure there is an easy explanation, but I just can't find it. Jheri

2. Thanks momskids thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a pretty poorly written pattern to me. Are some rows running 'back and forth' , cross ways, or across? And some are going in the other direction? She should really say round row instead of just rows, and rows in the round don't go across, so I'm not much help but just sort of thinking out loud hoping I might help you think of something - good luck! Can you contact her? Like you wouldn't already have if you could, right?! Sorry, I 'd be lost too...