Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Post My name is Judy & I'm new to Crochet Talk

I learned to crochet the basics 50 years ago from my grandmother. She lived in another state and so I never learned much more. When I first started, I crocheted everything to tight and everything curled. I have finally conquered the problem and have been working on crocheting more difficult patterns. I crocheted a set of dinosaurs for my grandson last year that he loves and sleeps with every night. I have crocheted hats on circular looms for all my granddaughters and family members. I just crochet a new hat where I learned 3 new stitches and am working out a matching pattern for a scarf. I am hoping that the newsletters will allow me to grow and learn more stitches.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts and learning from you. I feel crocheting like so many other arts is becoming extinct. I am hoping to get good enough so that I can teach my grandchildren (my daughter isn't interested). They seem to enjoy the things I make for them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmajudy52@gmail.com View Post
    I learned to crochet the basics 50 years ago from my grandmother. She lived in another state and so I never learned much more. When I first started, I crocheted everything to tight and everything curled. I have finally conquered the problem and have been working on crocheting more difficult patterns. I crocheted a set of dinosaurs for my grandson last year that he loves and sleeps with every night. I have crocheted hats on circular looms for all my granddaughters and family members. I just crochet a new hat where I learned 3 new stitches and am working out a matching pattern for a scarf. I am hoping that the newsletters will allow me to grow and learn more stitches.

I'm looking forward to reading your posts and learning from you. I feel crocheting like so many other arts is becoming extinct. I am hoping to get good enough so that I can teach my grandchildren (my daughter isn't interested). They seem to enjoy the things I make for them.
    Hi Judy! Welcome to Crochet Talk. Thanks for giving us some of your crocheting history. I have only been on this site for a few months but have already met so many wonderful people and have made some close friends. I also enjoy learning and sharing and I'm sure you will, too. Look forward to talking with you again! Until then, Take Good Care, Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Judy. It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Judy: I crochet blankets for Project Linus mostly. So nice to hear the projects you make and give to your family! We have a good time on CT.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Houston, TX. You are among a group of great crocheters!
    ---HarriEtta

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Judy. It is a pleasure to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the community! It is nice to meet you and we hope you truly enjoy your stay!!

Happy crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! My daughter learned basics when she was young and has just started crocheting some simple things. My grandchildren are not nearby so they will need to learn from someone else or the internet. I have noticed that some crochet sites want to sell me videos on how to make certain stitches but if I go to you-tube I can find videos for free. It is a big help to me since I don't have anyone nearby the crochets. I mean, I am sure there are people here that crochet but I don't know them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I'm new too. Everyone is helpful and friendly here! I learned to crochet from my mom, grandma and aunt. I'll be fifty in December. My United Methodists Women's local group have several crocheters and knitters. We've given several prayer shawls. I also love to crochet doilies, bookmarks, scarves, whatever catches my eye. I hope the younger generation can love this craft like we do!