Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Newly Semi Retired

Attachment 10578Attachment 10579Newly Semi Retired-pink-hat-jpgAttachment 10578Attachment 10579Crochet level: Easy to (Intermediate )?

Semi retired and looking forward to trying some different (slightly more difficult) crochet projects. Have been crocheting for some time but always very simple projects. Now that I have more free time I would like ( to learn and take on some bigger projects. Am from Florida now but was raised in the North so have lots of family and friends to send stuff to.

No classes available here so have been spending some time on YouTube. It is actually (I was very surprised) very good. Have learned a bunch.

Hats and Headbands are my staples right now, although they are rather plain (simple, one color). I would like to start working with more color and also learn more about what types of yarns to use with what.

I know all the basic stiches and am pretty consistant but I always seem to have problems with understanding patterns (again, YT helps). So I have not ventured past my comfort zone. However, with the advent of all the information attainable (like this web site) on the internet and more free time, I think I am ready.

Hobbies: Crochet, Home DIY, Reading (5 dogs)...
    Last edited by lehmankm; 09-24-2014 at 02:26 PM. Reason: duplicate pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I too just retired (September 5th). I am still getting used to it. Keep trying new patterns. The people on this sight are great and will give lots of advice. there are many, many free patterns on this site. Try some of the Christmas ornaments. Also, dishcloths are a really neat way to try a new stitch and then you have a gift to give when you are done.

Mrs. L

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies. Your hat looks nice. I have 5 birds
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the community! It is nice to meet you and we hope you truly enjoy your stay!!

As I am a visual person, I love to watch and learn new stitches using YouTube! Happy crocheting!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, welcome to the forum. Its nice meeting you. If you have trouble reading patterns. Maybe this will help you. ok Nice to meet you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Will give this pattern reading site a look. Am working on the "Bulky Stacked Shell Cowl and Shrug at the moment. Would like to do some patterns with multi colors in them but have avoided them so far because of all yarn changes and the ends that have to be sewn in. Now I have the time, I quess I will give it a shot.

Thanks again,
    Kate

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I have been retired for 14 years and I love it