Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

hat for 2 yr old girl

Hello, All. I am new to the site but enjoy reading all your posts. I am not a seasoned crocheter but I do know how to make some different stitches. I have done a couple of dish cloths, scarves and afghans...nothing too complicated. I would like to crochet a cute hat for my granddaughter so I was wondering if you could advise me on an easy pattern to begin. I would prefer a hat for winter at this time of the year. Thank you so much.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Doodle's Nana and welcome to our group
    Krys

3. Thanks Doodle's Nana thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I would suggest you check out Youtube crochet tutorials for hat patterns for 2 year olds. They may have something there for you.

Judi G

Post Thanks / Like
    Here's a hat pattern for you. It's a very simple pattern and it gives instructions for every kind of size.

http://www.redheart.com/free-patterns/chemo-cap

You don't have to make it as a chemo cap. It's a very easy pattern and works up quickly. It's my "go to" hat/cap pattern.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of hats a re much easier than you think. Search in youtube for kids hats and pick a straight dc or puff stitch, they're so easy to make really. No video here, just wreitten but this is a straight basic stitch strawberry looking hat, really cute: Repeat Crafter Me: Crochet Strawberry Hat Pattern If you can't do the magic ring, just use the 4 chain slip stitch circle instead like for any in the round pattern!

7. Thanks Doodle's Nana thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Judi, I never thought of Youtube. DUH!!!! Thank you for the reminder. Blessings to you!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodle's Nana View Post
    Hello, All. I am new to the site but enjoy reading all your posts. I am not a seasoned crocheter but I do know how to make some different stitches. I have done a couple of dish cloths, scarves and afghans...nothing too complicated. I would like to crochet a cute hat for my granddaughter so I was wondering if you could advise me on an easy pattern to begin. I would prefer a hat for winter at this time of the year. Thank you so much.
    Hello Doodle's Nana
    I just post a new Thread: "40 Fabulous Animal Crochet Hat Patterns". You will have many beautiful choices there, even with a earflaps great for cold weather. If you would like that hat to be "plain" just skip all those extra pieces, like: ears, eyes, mouth and..
    I hope you will find something that you like.
    Happy crocheting.
    Krys

10. Thanks Doodle's Nana thanked for this post