Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

My plate is full...

... to say the least.

Projects that I have going that MUST be completed before Christmas:

A shawl for my grandmother {black and red, using a granny square and 2 granny pentagons}
    A winter-themed throw in the ripple design, using white, and two lighter shades of blue
    A Christmas throw that I am not sure on the pattern just yet, using red, green, and white
    Completion of my mom and dad's throw {filet crochet part completed, just have to finish sewing in tails and then sew on a backing}
    A littlest petshop themed bunny rabbit {blue and green} for my niece
    Something for my daughter.... not sure what yet... She'd be happy with a hat so I might just make a couple hats for her
    And last but not least, the completion of my husband's hooded sweater cape {all black}.

What's on your plate?
    Last edited by Rogue Hobbies; 09-22-2014 at 01:54 AM.

2. Thanks Barbara G. thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I would say your plate is full. I am working on a total of 5 afghans to give as gifts to close family friends. I am now finishing up the 3rd of the five. I have one in c2c finished, one in a basket weave finished, and this one is another c2c. I haven't decided yet what other patterns to use for the remaining two. Probably the Wave stitch on The Crochet Crowd. I like this one and I have made several of them in the past.

I still have to finish my Christmas decoration projects, making 3 granny square Christmas trees, only need to decorate them, and two Santa wall hangings need to be finished.

Judi G

4. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does anyone else have a lot of projects to complete by a certain time?

Post Thanks / Like

wow your plates are really full

you are all amazing.. my plate is not quite full yet, but i'm working on filling it..

7. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got my grandmother's shawl done, yay! I will post a picture later

Post Thanks / Like
    Rogue Hobbies, I can not wait to see a pic of the shawl you made for your grandmother. I bet it turned out beautiful. Red and black, what a pretty choice of colors you chose. I saw a shawl on, allfreecrochet.com in red and black with fringe on it and it looked so pretty. It's called Flame and Ember Shawl. I wish you lots of luck in getting all your projects completed in time. My plate is not quite as full as yours for projects to be completed before the holidays but here is what I have going on. I have 50 granny squares to be sewn together to make a small afghan for my aunt then I need to put a border on it. I am making a shawl for my daughter in-law. I am making a sashay scarf for my sister in-law. I am making 4 18" x 18" granny squares to cover a couple pillows for my daughter that will then have to sewn together. If I have time I would like to make 18 dishrags for all my 6 girls (3 each) and 4 dish towels for my daughter, which she desperately needs. My daughter has also put in an order for some trivets and Christmas dish rags, dish towels and trivets. She understands that some of this she may get for her birthday in January or later. Oh my gosh, when I write all this out it seems I have more going on than I thought I did! Then of course there's my work during the day, piano lessons on Mondays and then the practicing I have to do. I hope that I can get done what I want to but if not, there is always their birthdays. Keep your fingers crossed for me. xoxoxo Lynda

10. Likes Rogue Hobbies liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynda Fey View Post
    Rogue Hobbies, I can not wait to see a pic of the shawl you made for your grandmother. I bet it turned out beautiful. Red and black, what a pretty choice of colors you chose. I saw a shawl on, allfreecrochet.com in red and black with fringe on it and it looked so pretty. It's called Flame and Ember Shawl. I wish you lots of luck in getting all your projects completed in time. My plate is not quite as full as yours for projects to be completed before the holidays but here is what I have going on. I have 50 granny squares to be sewn together to make a small afghan for my aunt then I need to put a border on it. I am making a shawl for my daughter in-law. I am making a sashay scarf for my sister in-law. I am making 4 18" x 18" granny squares to cover a couple pillows for my daughter that will then have to sewn together. If I have time I would like to make 18 dishrags for all my 6 girls (3 each) and 4 dish towels for my daughter, which she desperately needs. My daughter has also put in an order for some trivets and Christmas dish rags, dish towels and trivets. She understands that some of this she may get for her birthday in January or later. Oh my gosh, when I write all this out it seems I have more going on than I thought I did! Then of course there's my work during the day, piano lessons on Mondays and then the practicing I have to do. I hope that I can get done what I want to but if not, there is always their birthdays. Keep your fingers crossed for me. xoxoxo Lynda
    You do have quite a bit on your plate, too! Good luck getting yours done, as well! Post pictures when you finish items on your plate, too, please!

Post Thanks / Like
    I will definitely do that. xoxoxo Lynda