Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
    Post Thanks / Like

crochet hook covers

So thought I would try my knack and see how easy this could be done while camping, watching the packers and using a small gas stove, well here is the finished product. I am pleased and anxious to use them. Right now I use my light hooks.

Wondering if anyone has tried the rubber bands and the loom and if they like those or if there is a preference.

Robyn/joyyyy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10546[/ATTACH
    Attached Images Attached Images crochet hook covers-img_20140921_141723_824-jpg 

2. Likes karenlatlas, Lynda Fey, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyyyy View Post
    So thought I would try my knack and see how easy this could be done while camping, watching the packers and using a small gas stove, well here is the finished product. I am pleased and anxious to use them. Right now I use my light hooks.

Wondering if anyone has tried the rubber bands and the loom and if they like those or if there is a preference.

Robyn/joyyyy

[ATTACH=CONFIG]10546[/ATTACH
    Hi Robyn, I thought about doing the clay ones but I want to mark the size in some way so I haven't tried it yet. I did try the rubber band one but don't like it too much. your "exchange friend", redhead/Patty

Post Thanks / Like
    When I did the the clay ones, I just took something sharp,ike an exacto knife and at the top of the hook/clay I etched the hook size. Worked very well.

I prefer the rubber bands when I am using the cottom thread or when I am using both the cotton and worsted yarn together.

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    I made the clay ones and like them very much, so much easier to hold since I have arthritis and my hands go numb from carpel tunnel. Have you seen the irredescent white? It glows in the dark. Scared the heck out of me one night, couldn't figure out what the heck it was. Laughed my behind off when I turned the light back on and found out it was my crochet hooks. I also made one on the #7 hook that I use for thread crochet, so much easier. I also etched in the size at the top of the hook before baking then used a black Sharpie with the fine point to fill it in after it cooled. Works just fine. Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    cybarra,

That is way too funny. Had to control myself at work here when I read your thread. Thanks for the humor for the day.

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like your hook covers, Robyn. Those look like they'll be fun to use!
    Freedom is not the right to do as you please, but the liberty to do as you ought!