Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Deb Kitson

Post Thanks / Like

Deb Kitson

Hello,
    I am a Nurse by profession now, and taught myself to crochet about 40 years ago, while in nursing school. I continue to crochet, usually to make something for someone else. Recently, I have been teaching other nurses, and friends how to crochet, meeting at my house every other week. The focus of the group is to learn, and to make blankets for children and babies. Being self taught, I usually am able to work thru a pattern with success, but now I find myself in the position of answering many questions that others have. That is what brought me to Crochet Talk. I am looking forward to learning more now, and thus to be able to help others. Thank you for making this possible

Post Thanks / Like
    Deb,

Welcome to the group! What a great thing in having a group over to do things for others in crocheting projects! Hope you enjoy the group!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Deb

I have always wanted to do something like that, but we just moved here and I don't know anyone. Don't know where to advertise even. I did teach my bestfriend how to crochet. I don't think she's as obsessed with crochet as I am, but she loves it. Hopefully the group will get to meet her because I told her about this website. She moved away last August to Illinois because her husband got transferred but they hate it there. The job didn't follow thru with what they promised so they are moving back soon...she's the only one I had here that I could talk to about crocheting and we enjoyed hanging out together. So how did you get started with yours?
    Angel

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum! I learned to crochet as a child, but I began again in nursing school. And as they say, the rest is history! Being able to teach other people is a gift! I tried teaching my girls to crochet when they were young, to no avail! Although, one of my daughters knits! I'm sure you will find all kind of inspiration on this site!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello
    I work at a Hospital, and started talking about making crochet hats for newborns, and lots of people wanted to do that. Then we thought about blankets for babies, and another set of folks wanted to do that. After awhile, we started talking about getting together to learn how, and to share ideas. Now, we have a regular get together , after work on Tuesdays, every other week. Lots of folks want to learn, and do not know where to start. So, I found a very simple pattern using single crochet stitch and a chain,and off we went...