Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Introduction

Post Thanks / Like

Introduction

I'm new so I hope I'm doing this correctly. I can't get my profile picture to save correctly. It ends up sideways. Lol. I don't have a computer, I use an IPad. Things don't work exactly the same. I love to crochet. Am not quite as good at knitting, but I sometimes give it a shot. I hope I can contribute to this site. I've never joined a discussion before. Thanks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the group. I cannot knit either. I taught myself to crochet. I am disabled so it helps me to relax. It is a pleasure to meet you. All the people on here are so wonderful. They are willing to help in anyway. I hope you enjoy the group as much as I do

3. Thanks Thedcbandmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

5. Thanks Thedcbandmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome on board with us here at CrochetTalk! Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing about some of your crocheting adventures!

I am not sure about using an iPad. I know we have a few members who do use them. Hopefully, they will see this post and offer some suggestions for you!

Thanks for joining us!

7. Thanks Thedcbandmom thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Thedcbandmom hope all is well with you. I love to crochet also. When I was 14 years old a woman in her 70's taught me how to crochet. Her name was missy. She knitted so fast I could not believe. I knitted a shell first and a prayer shawl. But rather crochet. I was ill and lost concentration for a few years. But wow there is so many beautiful things to crochet I have fun doing them. And so many different kinds of yarn. Love Caron Simply soft it is also good for cowls. I made a few of them. Now into crocheting text mitts and dish cloths. Well welcome anyway and take care

9. Thanks Thedcbandmom thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    . Thanks everyone. I'm currently finishing up a baby afghan. Am trying to make up some gifts items to sell for a little extra money. I also make purses and bags, when I can find time and energy. The crochet projects I can work on some while at work. I'm a caregiver with two jobs since my husband of 30 years left me 3 years ago. Keeping busy with projects, taking care of my elderly ladies, doing volunteer work helping people learn the Bible, and spending time with my 4 young grand children make my world go round. Haha.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to hear that your marriage ended. I have been married twice before only for a short time because they had mistresses. But I am with a wonderful man and we have been married 21 years. I am a disabled Vet and was a Corpsman, Nursing Assistant and a Certified Nurses Assistant. I loved my patient they were my escape also. I have two sons and three granddaughters. I had an abusive marriage and childhood and I suffer from Post Traumatic Stress. So I have medical care for that. But I love to Crochet got to do it everyday. I also became a yarn alcoholic. I guess that happens to a lot of knitters and crochets. Thank You for sharing your are not alone. And God Bless You