Thanks Thanks:  9
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Hello

Post Thanks / Like

Hello

Hi, everyone. I'm Linda. This is all new to me, I've never been on any social media of any kind. I hope you'll be patient with me as I learn.(yes, I'm also computer illiterate but I try) God bless!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Linda, welcome to the group it is a pleasure to meet you. I had trouble my first few times also and I am still learning. I don't much about computers either. My kids taught me the basic stuff. Everyone here is so wonderful and are willing to help in any way they can. I have met some wonderful friends. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. I hope to talk to you soon

3. Thanks Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome on board with us here at CrochetTalk! Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing about some of your crocheting adventures!

5. Thanks Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Linda! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

7. Thanks Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice to meet you, Larisa doilymaker! I also love to make doilies. My mom and grandmother taught me to crochet. I also do prayer shawls, and scarves. But doilies are my passion. I really like the patterns that use symbols best. My aunt gave me all of her Decorative Crochet, and Magic Crochet magazines. That got me 'hooked'! Do they even publish those anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Linda! I am so happy to meet doily addict person. Noone publish good magazines last years. I have great collection too but never have enough LOL.
    I use to rechart filet patterns. Will we see pictures of your doilies? == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

10. Thanks Linda D. Mitzner thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

doily addict

I haven't got a camera app yet for my Kindle fire, so maybe eventually. Most of my work has been round work. I made my sister a window valance for her kitchen, and a couple of long rectangle doilies. One for our piano, and the other for a bedroom dresser. I have a tendency to work fast and furious, but I have to slow myself down because my hands start hurting. Also my eyesight isn't what it used to be!(Ha!) I usually end up giving a lot of my work as gifts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yes I used to make round doilies. And I gift my works besides bedspread. I am not fast and I enjoy process of crocheting. I have some wonderful patterns I want to make - big projects Do you have a cat? I have 5 birds == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, I have cats, a dog, and 2cockatiels. I live in the country, so I have lots of outdoor cats too. My mother lives with me. Really the birds are moms and we keep them and cats separated. She was diagnosed with dementia about a year ago. She's on medication that helps tremendously, so it's not too bad so far, doctor says we may have caught it early enough for meds to help for now. My dad passed away three yrs ago from complications due to West Nile, and an antibiotic resistant infection. My sister is a high school math teacher. She and my brother-in-law run the family farm that I work on. They only live 14 miles away, so I have help when I need it with mom. We are all really close.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I have cats. I live on farm out in the country. I also have a dog. My mom has two cockatiels. My mom lives with me, she was diagnosed with dementia last year, she is on medication that helps a lot. We caught it early, so far she's not too bad. My dad passed away 3yrs. ago from complications of West Nile and an antibiotic resistant infection. My sister and her husband live a few miles away, they took over the farming in which I help, and are close if I need help with mom,etc. My hobbies help with stress, sometimes my crochet, etc. gets put off because of work and caring for mom. I am just glad I can be here for her.