Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Need suggestion for next project

I have been crocheting for several years. I am tired of afghans, hats, and scarves. My problem is understanding the pattern directions. I have no problem making the stitches. Any patterns out there that would help me advance to the next level?

Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to advance a little more now, you can try some simple sweaters or shrugs. There are lots of patterns out there, just google and maybe something will just catch your eye.

Roe

3. Thanks wadepersonal thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Have you tried using graphs instead of written patterns? A lot of doily patterns are in graph form and you can make them with 100% cotton instead of thread. They look really pretty on a coffee table or the kitchen table. You can make 4 and use them as placemats.

I just finished making a beautiful Christmas tree skirt for my mom out of a nice acrylic yarn in fuchsia and a spring green. The yarn has glittery threads running through it to sparkle under the tree lights. It turned out so beautiful!

Shelley

5. Thanks wadepersonal thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I meant using 100% cotton yarn to make placemats or doilies, instead of using thread.

BTW the yarn I used for the Christmas tree skirt is Caron Simply Soft Party Yarn. It's a wonderful yarn to work with.

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    How about a blanket or a baby outfit or maybe a vest?
    You can get the 'hooked on crochet' newsletter in you inbox. They have patterns too.
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 09-11-2014 at 05:43 PM.

8. Thanks wadepersonal thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like

tree skirt

Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Have you tried using graphs instead of written patterns? A lot of doily patterns are in graph form and you can make them with 100% cotton instead of thread. They look really pretty on a coffee table or the kitchen table. You can make 4 and use them as placemats.

I just finished making a beautiful Christmas tree skirt for my mom out of a nice acrylic yarn in fuchsia and a spring green. The yarn has glittery threads running through it to sparkle under the tree lights. It turned out so beautiful!

Shelley
    I have a ton of that yarn in my stash.. Do you hav e a tree skirt pattern you can share?

10. Thanks wadepersonal thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here's the Christmas tree skirt pattern I used. I made mine in three different colors.

Elegant Christmas Tree Skirt | CrochetKim.com Free Crochet Patterns

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixieglitter View Post
    Here's the Christmas tree skirt pattern I used. I made mine in three different colors.

Elegant Christmas Tree Skirt | CrochetKim.com Free Crochet Patterns

Shelley
    That skirt probably came out very nice in three different colors.

While ago I came a cross a very nice tree skirt. I don't have link to that pattern. I did not saved that because I am not planning to crochet that. But, I really love that skirt.
    There is another one that I like. It is made out of granny squares. I am not "crazy" about granny squares, I just don't like them. But I like that skirt. While a go I did post a link to that pattern. I think the subject/name of that Thread was: "Granny Square Christmas Tree Skirt". I will attach that picture here also.

Here are the pictures of those 2 tree skirts.
    Krys

Need suggestion for next project-christmas-tree-skirt-48-inches-diam-jpg
    Need suggestion for next project-christmas-tree-skirt1-270x300-jpg

13. Thanks pbjones80 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wadepersonal View Post
    I have been crocheting for several years. I am tired of afghans, hats, and scarves. My problem is understanding the pattern directions. I have no problem making the stitches. Any patterns out there that would help me advance to the next level?
    Can you read easy patterns? like for those things that you been making: afghants, scarfs, hats?.
    Or you can't read patterns at all?
    Krys

15. Thanks wadepersonal thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much. I am sure this yarn will really shine under the Christmas light and make a pretty tree skirt.