Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, everyone.

Hi. My name is Mary and I joined your community last night. I learned to crochet from my great-grandmother. She used to use thread and very small hooks, and she crocheted lovely borders on plain white handkerchiefs. When I was 8 years old, I sat on the couch beside her and watched her. I guess that's when I originally learned. About 25 years later, I decided I wanted to learn how to crochet (I had not even thought of crocheting since I was 8), so I got some yarn, a hook and a "Learn to Crochet" book. As I looked through the book that evening, I realized I new how to crochet, and I remembered being with Nana on that couch so many years before. A beautiful memory I almost lost. Anyway, I've been crocheting (on and off) for about 30 years. Lately I've been crocheting scarves for a mission in Atlantic City. I thank you for welcoming me into your community and I hope to "talk" to you soon.

God Bless
    MaryK

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi, Larisa. Thanks for answering. Your doily is lovely. I tried using thread several times, but I kept dropping stitches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I love filet doilies these days.
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome on board with us here at CrochetTalk! Nice to meet you and look forward to hearing about some of your crocheting adventures!