Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for help

Hello, my name is Pat and I have been trying to find instruction on joining motifs of a table runner from an old crochet pattern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Pat , sounds like you're doing Irish Crochet. Utube has some videos , i like lacefromireland because they have text to explain how they join motifs. If you prefer sewing, search for Romanian Point lace, there are lots of videos showing how to do that. Basically what I do is baste or pin the motifs down on a cloth as far apart as i want them to be, then i single crochet to a stitch on the motif, chain 3 and single crochet (or slip stitch) around the motif to the place where it touches (or is 3 chains from ) the next motif , then fill in with 3 chains to the 3 chain space making a net of chains between the motifs. Thats the Irish crochet method. The Romanian method uses an embroidery needle to sew loops back and forth between the motifs . Anyway, hope that gives you a starting point . Kitty P S Welcome to Crochet Talk

Post Thanks / Like
    Oops ! jumped to conclusion. What old pattern are you crocheting and what on the pattern are you joining ?