Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Looking for pattern

I have been searching off and on for awhile but cannot find a particular crochet pattern I am looking for. I will try to describe it and if anyone has any ideas, please chime in and tell me.

It is for a cardigan/sweater/jacket, with a 'waterfall' front. I have seen it called a swing jacket, and a fly-away cardigan, too. It is open down the front and is (preferably) made with sport weight yarn, and has either short or 3/4 length sleeves, it doesn't really matter, the point is, it is fuller at the bottom and sort of "swings" when you walk. I can find them ready made in stores, but I kind of want to crochet it myself, so I can put my own finishing touches on it.

I found one pattern that is sort of similar but it is still not exactly what I'm looking for. I've been distracted the past few weeks with one thing and then another, and haven't been on the computer much, but I will keep searching online and in the stores. But if anyone has any ideas where else to find the pattern, I would appreciate it so much.

And, good morning to everyone, it's nice to be back, I will try not to stay away so long from now on!

Post Thanks / Like
    Do you have a pic of anything in particular that you are thinking about for the "look" of the sweater? I don't do much of this sort of thing, but do know some gals that do.
    Sure would help me anyway get an idea of what you need.
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    I have tons of crochet magazines, but have not found anything really close to what I am looking for. I can find ready-made sweaters, maybe I will take a picture of one of those in the store and post it. Our local Hobby Lobby used to carry a lot of pattern books, but they are very limited now, and none of our Walmarts carry very many patterns, either. I plan to go to Michael's later this week, they have the best choice of patterns around here.

I could swear that I have seen crochet patterns very similar, and I thought I downloaded one from somewhere as well, but it evidently didn't get saved to my computer, I can't find it in my files.

Thank you for your reply, maybe someone will come up with an idea or two.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, if you could find something you like, and get the image on your puter, we could google that image, and perhaps would be able to find the pattern(s) you could/would like. Have you searched Ravelry? YOu have to join, but there are lots of great patterns there crochet, and knit, lots are free too, and maybe someone there could point you to a pattern as well. They do not do the sharing thing, copyright and all that, but many do behind the scenes, so never hurts to ask. Let me know your progress, I love the hunt for a pattern!
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddy View Post
    Yes, if you could find something you like, and get the image on your puter, we could google that image, and perhaps would be able to find the pattern(s) you could/would like. Have you searched Ravelry? YOu have to join, but there are lots of great patterns there crochet, and knit, lots are free too, and maybe someone there could point you to a pattern as well. They do not do the sharing thing, copyright and all that, but many do behind the scenes, so never hurts to ask. Let me know your progress, I love the hunt for a pattern!
    I haven't tried Ravelry, I might see if I can get in. A few years ago, I heard that it was sort of elite, they didn't accept everyone who tried to join. May be different now.
    I found a lightweight sweater at Walmart yesterday and bought it, I will try to take a picture of it and scan it onto the computer. Problem is, it is black, so it might not show up as well. Let me see if I can describe what I am looking for a little better. The front is open, and the front edge is wider at the bottom, and sort of 'drapes' into folds. The points at the center front are somewhat longer than the rest of the bottom edge. I hope that makes sense. I think I have also seen it called a 'flutter' cardigan.
    Thanks for your suggestions and help. I have never made one with my own design, but I am tempted to see if I can use my imagination and come up with something similar to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been a member of R since inception, and if they tried to make it elite, it failed. Anyone and everyone can belong, there are lots of resources there, knit and crochet, and groups to belong to, help to find something, and just plain enjoying each other's company types. So go ahead, and see what you can do, join, I don't spend a lot of time there, too busy doing other things, but at least I can go when I want to question something, and find an answer from someone. Very helpful bunch of ladies, and gents too! Good luck, and do post your pics, maybe I can ask a friend or 2 to pitch in and help search for a pattern for ya, at least those that do clothing, and sweaters.
    Talk soon?
    Shaddy

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, thanks for filling me in on Ravelry, glad to know that it is not an 'elite' club. I used to belong to another forum but I have not posted there in so long, I doubt that anyone would remember me, besides my log-in info is way out of date.
    I may never find a crochet pattern for what I am looking for, but I saw some crocheted or knitted sweaters in the store the other day, maybe I will just buy one and be happy. But it's more fun to make it myself. I also sew, I could find a sewing pattern and make one out of some stretchy fabric or something.
    I don't spend a lot of time on the computer these days so after a few minutes of searching, I give up and shut it down and go about my business.
    Thanks again for all your help and advice.

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking for pattern-image-jpgI saw this in Crochet World, April 2014. I don't know if it's what you're looking for but it looks like what you are describing.
    Last edited by aporfirio; 08-29-2014 at 03:43 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi! I found a "Lightweight Zen Jacket" on favecrafts.com. I know exactly what you are talking about. Maybe this will help. It is a pretty pattern-perhaps you can tweak it! Good Luck! imalefty

Post Thanks / Like

kink to patterns to look at

Lady Di, waiting to hear from you, gathering info as I go, this is a link someone sent me, perhaps you can find something "close" to what you are wanting, and if so, let me know, then I can start the real searching for ya.
    Shaddy

NaturallyCaron patterns | Yarn | Free Knitting Patterns | Crochet Patterns | Yarnspirations
    Shaddy