Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Bible Resources

Post Thanks / Like
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 08-24-2014 at 02:39 PM.

2. Thanks MeerKat, Rogue Hobbies thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi,
    If you google 'Guideposts Prayer volunteer' and become a volunteer they say that it brings you closer to Christ. I haven't done it yet and have to find out more about it first.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea. I didn't think I would buy another bible. And I was leary of all the different translations--so went back to the King James bible. But I really enjoy The Message Bible. I was skeptical at first--It was translated by a minister. And there is a parallel bible the NIV version(which I have heard is suppose to be the most accurate) It has the NIV on one side of the page and the Message bible right next to it. So I figured Eugene Peterson has nothing to hide.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susie Ann,
    I've heard that the ESV(English Standard Version) is the most accurate but I use the NIV.
    Jean Marie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone. I use the NASB (New American Standard Bible). But I sometimes read the NIV and sometimes on Sunday I use the ESV because our Pastor uses that version.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have the King James version with Strongs Concordanse on each page so I can look up Hebrew and Greek meanings. I read and study at the same time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi everyone! I absolutely love my Life Application bible. I have the new Living version, but it comes in several other versions. Our bible study group sometimes brings different versions and compare passages, which may be as simple as a different way of saying the same thing, to giving a greater depth to the intent of the passage or verse. We always are careful to make sure it's intent lines up with the true word of God and not man's opinion. I also have the word in life NKJV study bible that I enjoy. The Strong's exhaustive concordance is invaluable tool to use.