Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: Hello All.

Post Thanks / Like

Cool Hello All.

Hi my name is Vickie and I live in Washington state. I am looking for a simple pattern. My son requested a blanket for his queen size bed. Any one have any idea's besides the basic sc or dc? Would not mind doing both as I do not know a lot of stitches, but not just a sc all the way through. Thanks for any help you can give.

Post Thanks / Like
    Gonna be heavy no matter what stitches you use, does he realize this? I remember back in the day, my grammas quilts, were so darn heavy couldn't turn over in the bed. Perhaps you want to find some lightweight sox yarn or sumpin to lighten the load? There are a lot of easy patterns out there, why not google and see what comes up?
    Warmest regards, from Central Wisconsin!,
    Shaddy

3. Thanks Vickie5057 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vickie,
    How about hdc?
    Jean Marie

5. Thanks Vickie5057 thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi:
    Welcome to the site. I have a great pattern. It is very easy. It has 3 stitiches. 1 sc, 1 dc, 1 tb---- repeat. It is called the 1 -2- 3 afghan. I used yarn from my stash and made one for our adopted daughter's wedding. She loved it.
    You just chain the number of stitches you want for the width. Then just do 1sc, 1dc, 1tb across the row.
    tb means treble crochet. I think I have the right abbreviation. It was easy and turned out really great.
    Hope this helps
    Mrs. L

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks to every one that responded to my post. I really appreciate it.
    Vickie

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Vickie5057 View Post
    Hi my name is Vickie and I live in Washington state. I am looking for a simple pattern. My son requested a blanket for his queen size bed. Any one have any idea's besides the basic sc or dc? Would not mind doing both as I do not know a lot of stitches, but not just a sc all the way through. Thanks for any help you can give.
    Hi Vickie, how old is your son?
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome!

It is a pleasure to meet you and we hope you enjoy your time here in the crochet forums!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Krys...My son is 23 but always loved the throws I have made for watching tv and just said I want one this warm for my bed. And he wants steeler's colors. Black and yellow. So trying to find something fast and easy.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you. Pleasure to meet you also.

Vickie

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Vicki, I have been looking at some afghans that are done in strips. Most of them are done in blocks but they wouldn't be so heavy to work up. My granddaughter just got married and I want to make an afghan for them. His color is red and her's is orange. I thought I could mix in white and grey . I want to make the colors in strips in panels. They have a queen size bed. I think Red Heart has the pattern. Hope you have fun doing what ever you decide. Margaret