Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: New to Forum

Post Thanks / Like

New to Forum

I live in Oak Ridge TN. I learned how to crochet when I was 10. A year ago due to the mortgage fall out I was laid off. I didn't know what to do with all my time so I started visiting crochet web sites. I had made scarves, afghans, and doilies but that was about it. I started making hats, boot cuffs, hand bags, and a cabbage patch hat. I am actually enjoying staying home and crocheting.
    Last edited by Wendi; 08-21-2014 at 06:23 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. It is a pleasure to meet you. I am disabled and I really love to crochet as well as do other crafts as well. It really relaxes me and gets my mind off my pain. I try to go to some local craft shows to sell some of the stuff I make just to make a little extra. I really enjoy it. I love making things for others. See the smiles on their faces is more then thanks enough for me and gives me joy to be able to bring a smile to someone. There are so many wonderful and loving people on here who are willing to help at any time. I have met some wonderful friends. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

3. Thanks Wendi thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome! Nice to meet you and have you here on site with us!

Please make yourself right at home here!

5. Thanks Wendi thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Wendy welcome. I am trying to make a little money myself. I am making text mitts. Kids love them. They are fingerless gloves it is the in thing now. I enjoy making for others also it put and smile on their face. You know when you make something for someone you think of them. Your heart and soul goes into the pattern that you are making. They love that. I made a prayer shawl for a friend she was so over whelmed that she never have anyone do that for her. It is great to have that feeling. Well you take care have a nice day.