Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Threaded View

Post Thanks / Like

my new blog / web site

Would it be ok for me to post the link for my new blog / web site somewhere in the newsletter? I have a lot to say about a lot of things, but mostly crochet of course, and I'm putting a lot of useful information in it. I'm sharing my learning and current crochet experience with everyone so others can do it too, the way I did! Experienced yarn hookers have a big place on my blog to, I'll tell you how below. My husband made it and set it up for me, and he did a great job. I think it looks really good in that respect if I must say so myself!

I know I'm into crochet for less than a year, but I think my work speaks for itself, and my readers can follow me from teaching myself to crochet last year, to seeing me improving my skills by practice and daily crochet work, and by using the internet and following others who teach on youtube or on their own websites. I show them how, why and where to do all of this.

And I'm writing patterns down now for people to use for pieces I've made without patterns. Remembering to write every single step of a pattern is NOT easy! It's not easy and I'll need testers for those. A lot of youtube instructors use that way to fix any errors on the spot and help the watcher learn from that and then carry on to finish their work while watching to the end. I'm nowhere near that right now. and not set up for it.

I also have several hundred bookmarks that I'll be sharing, no selling of any work on there, just pics, discussion on the work, links for all free patterns used or that I've got in my hundreds of online bookmarks, with credit to the designers of any I use that I made and i also show the videos or websites I made my pieces from, links to lessons on many parts of crochet skillst, basic & non-basic stitch tutorials, new stitches all the time with videos on how to do them or step by step instructions on them and on patterns you can use, where to find all free patterns, etc. etc.

I want it to be so that a person can learn to crochet using my blog site based on the links I put on and explain them, the sites that instruct, give ideas, create wonderful things daily, want to help others learn, etc. Also to help more experienced people who crochet brush up on their skills, keep up with new trends in crochet (such as yarn types and new trends), share their own web /blog site links if they have one, share their WIP's and completed work, explain what they've already gone through to make things easier for the new or newer learners, anything to spread the sharing of all that is crochet. Anyone can add to my blog in many ways that can help it, I want it to be very interactive. All you have to do is email me your additions to the site and I'll put it in blog posts I make.

I hope people will sign up on my blog pages to get alerted by email of when I release a new post release. Their name and email goes no further than that, 100% guaranteed by me since they come to me only. I need feedback, input, and a lot more for the site. I have a reply section for any comments, questions, suggestions, and such as that. I know my content is helpful and I hope it's interesting. I've been told it is by several 'test' readers! I'm really happy to have it online, I've been trying for most of the year, but was delayed by a few months. so I'm more than ready and have about 7 blog posts out so far that are full of goodies!

I'm trying to hook up with other website operators to share our site information, to list each others links on both of our blog posts, like this type of site does all the time. These sites are listed on peoples blog sites under something called "Sites I Like to Follow" or something similar to that. There's no competition here, only sharing information and helping each other. I've been successful at the few sites I've contacted already! I'm on all the social media sites, and do have a fb page where a few things are for sale, but the blog isn't about that part at all and doesn't talk about that.

If I can post it on here, where would you want me to post it? and if not, I understand! Thx, Susan

Thx! Since it's ok for me to post my site here, the link is: Welcome To My New Blog ; Why I Crochet; Pics of Some of My Work | Soulshine Creations By Susan | SoulshineCreationsBySusan.com I hope you'll stop by when you can and check it out, maybe share it if you will. I'll list any of your blog / web sites that you want me to as long as they don't sell anything, and no ETSY store links please, on one of my near future blogs! You can message me with the info on here in a private message if you'd like. I'm disabled and at home so this gives me something wonderful to do related to my 'new love', lol, crochet!!
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-21-2014 at 11:33 PM.