Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

New to Crochet Talk

Hello, I'm pleased to have found this site. I have always enjoyed fiber arts, and having a stash of yarn in my home is essential to life...lol. I enjoy crocheting and find that whenever I am not busy with anything else, a hook is always in my hand......I am a registered nurse, currently working in a geriatric psych unit. I love my job. I have 5 years to go to retirement . I have one 22 year old daughter, who has started to learn to crochet. She and I are currently starting a "hook and needle" group because so many people we know have expressed the desire to learn a yarncraft. I live in Connecticut, and am looking forward to getting to know other members of this site and to learn and share with all of you.......Carol

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Carol, Welcome to Crochettalk. I am also teaching a few friends at my local church how to crochet, the one lady is left handed which is a bit of a challenge. I've Googled left handed crochet and I've forwarded the information to her. Hopefully she will learn how to crochet. I have a feeling that one of my twins, is going to be left handed. It is such a blessing when you are in a job which you enjoy doing. I used to love taking care of the elderly and I really enjoy working with people who has Alzheimers. Currently I am a full time mum and only have time to do some crafting in the evenings. How wonderful that your daughter is now also starting to crochet, I'd like to teach my girls as soon as possible to knit and crochet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the group. I am from Ohio and have been crocheting a year. I just love to crochet. It is a pleasure to meet you and hope to talk to you more

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Carol and welcome from Pa. I am very glad you found this. You will learn a lot of tips and get a lot of patterns. This is a very friendly group and I hope we become friends also

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by maddiemontana View Post
    Hello, I'm pleased to have found this site. I have always enjoyed fiber arts, and having a stash of yarn in my home is essential to life...lol. I enjoy crocheting and find that whenever I am not busy with anything else, a hook is always in my hand......I am a registered nurse, currently working in a geriatric psych unit. I love my job. I have 5 years to go to retirement . I have one 22 year old daughter, who has started to learn to crochet. She and I are currently starting a "hook and needle" group because so many people we know have expressed the desire to learn a yarncraft. I live in Connecticut, and am looking forward to getting to know other members of this site and to learn and share with all of you.......Carol
    Hello maddiemontana Carol that sound wonderful starting a hook and needle group. If you get a chance to search on your computer check out arm crochet and arm knit, this would be great for some who are just starting out. I had never seen it until I heard about it here. I wish I had known about it when my mom got so ill she could not hold a crochet hook. I don't every remember her not having a crochet hook in her hand when she set to rest of after daily work was done. Fine memories.
    jump right in a topic and let us know how your group goes.
    charlye