Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Intro

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Intro

My name is Lorie and my nickname is Craftybear which I use often as I collect teddy bears and I love to do crafts. I am married and live in TN.I work in a nursing home and I love my residents as if they were my own grandparents. I love to crochet but don't do as much as I would like to.I recently joined a crochet square swap and need ideas for 6 inch squares. I also do x-stitch,plastic canvas,padded photo frames/photo albums,scrapbooking and cake decorating. My next goal is learning to sew better and to quilt. I believe in using the internet to uplift others and inspire others to do the same.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard!

It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Lori, It is such a pleasure to meet you. I see we have some things in common. I also do cross stitch, embroidery and plastic canvas. I also like paint by numbers, painting wood items, making doll houses, sewing,jewelry and general crafts. My next step is learning to make candles, soap, lotions, mosaics, and leather items. I am disabled and crafting really relaxes me. I go to craft shows to sell some of my stuff, and I am always making things for my friends and family. They just started a homeless shelter nearby so I would like to find a lot of yarn to make hats and scarves and blankets to give to them. I also do no sew blankets. It is so hard to find any yarn around here where I live. Once in awhile I find some but not very often.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Loie and welcome from Pa. Nice to have you with us. I am a vid crocheter for many years

The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lorie,

Welcome to Crochet Talk! I am Jo Baehr. My husband & I collect bears also and have over 5000 of them! It sounds like you are a very busy, crafty lady! If you go on pinterest.com and join for free, you can find hundreds of granny square patterns there. That is where I find most of mine. We do a monthly 6" square swap here on CT also, which you may want to join. We're glad you have joined us here on the Forum!
    ~~ Hugs, Jo ♥

Quote Originally Posted by Craftybear View Post
    My name is Lorie and my nickname is Craftybear which I use often as I collect teddy bears and I love to do crafts. I am married and live in TN.I work in a nursing home and I love my residents as if they were my own grandparents. I love to crochet but don't do as much as I would like to.I recently joined a crochet square swap and need ideas for 6 inch squares. I also do x-stitch,plastic canvas,padded photo frames/photo albums,scrapbooking and cake decorating. My next goal is learning to sew better and to quilt. I believe in using the internet to uplift others and inspire others to do the same.
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!