Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
    Post Thanks / Like

some of my work was featured ona web/blog site!

Hi everyone, haven't been around much since I locked my leg down somehow. Have been using my walker w/wheels for 3 weeks now, and am thankful to have it, but it's slow going and very painful. I got a horrible steroid shot in it Tuesday, and then I discovered 2 days after my leg locked down (probably from tendonitis due to Fibromyalgia and severe arthritis) a heart valve problem, so Tuesday I'm going to the cardiologist again for an echocardiogram.

I was holding 20 lbs of fluid 4 weeks ago but extra fluid pills got almost all of it off, but I just hate to hear what the echo test is going to find. Pray for me please that God will heal my illnesses, or at least help me to deal with them and for His Holy Spirit to continue to comfort me. Thank you for that.

Wow, talk about going from bad to worse, I've not been this bad off, ever. I'm 57 and eaten up with arthritis, as the doctors so kindly put it, my spine is falling apart, and I though that asthma, Fibro, and all of the regular Fibro overlapping illnesses were all that I had to worry about & deal with. HAH!

BTW, I tried to make this text bold & bigger but not sure it's working from what I can tell. I've been crocheting to focus on my miseries, and I started a blog website! It's been fun, and thank GOD for my pain meds, long term chronic pain and I cannot function without them. I tried for 4 years and almost had a nervous breakdown. So I take what I have carefully so I can have some quality of life.

I need to crochet and talk to people, and I constantly check out new websites & have bookmarked several hundred at least, so I feel I can share a lot of what I've found and am learning with others. It's enjoyable! So, my big news is that Oombawka Designs, who I admire greatly and they have a fantastic site. featured 2 pieces of my work on their last Friday Round-up! It was my baby girl tiara and baby boy crown.

No, I didn't write the pattern but it's not required hat you do, only that you give credit to he person who did, which I did. Here's my story I posted:

Wow, I am really excited today! My baby girl tiara and baby boy crown have been featured in the 'Fit for A Prince or Princess" section of the current Friday Round-ups by Oombawka Design!

403 Forbidden (mine are no.1 and no 2 items in that section)

You'll see both of those pieces posted somewhere on this site and at all of my other locations, too.

Rhondda of Oobmawka Design chooses entries from hundreds of entries weekly for her Friday Round-ups, so thank you, Rhondda!

403 Forbidden

Rhondda and I both gave the designer, bobwilson123, aka Clare, credit for it being her patterns of course, so we're all good in crediting the people who did the work, including my crochet.

I'm so proud, this means a lot to me!
    I hope it will get me more traffic to my new web /blogsite:

| Crochet – Handcrafted Work – Recipes – Life

Please visit me there, I have a lot to share, show, teach, hear, well, you get it!....

Well, that's my big news. I can't tell if my links will be links on here or not, but it's late so I'm going to get off of here. I'll try to come by more often, I've missed the group, but I have been reading some of the posts that emails me notify me about for this community. Take care, susan

Apparently the website with my feature isn't shoeing up , nor is the Oombawka site link, so guess that's a rule or something in here. Disappointing...oh well, no matter, just wanted to share my good news! 
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-10-2014 at 01:47 AM.

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure why it says forbidden - it could have something to do with the website you are posting about. I clicked the links and they are working fine.

Congratulations! And, it is nice to hear from you. Please visit us when you have some time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbara G. View Post
    I am not sure why it says forbidden - it could have something to do with the website you are posting about. I clicked the links and they are working fine.

Congratulations! And, it is nice to hear from you. Please visit us when you have some time.
    Hi Barbara, I posted as to why I've not been on, thought I put it in the main category but now not sure.

What I'd said is that I have a lot of physical disabilities and my right leg locked down 3 weeks ago out of the blue while just walking in the house, it just 'popped' in the back of it and it's possibly from tendonitis related to Fibromyalgia that I've always had. I got a steroid shot in the knee last Wed. & we're taking it from there, MRI if that doesn't help more than it is now.

And I've had 20 lbs of fluid retention even though I've had to take fluid pills for all of my adult life, so am having an echocardiogramon Tuesday and with asthma and extreme arthritis, at 57 yrs young I seem to be totally falling apart even more so than I knew.

So even though I crochet to focus on other things besides misery, I've been rather out of it and have been to dr's a lot so haven't had much socializing time. I've missed the group & have read some of the threads that emails send me. Hope to spend more time her soon.

Since this site here let me print my blog site, try this to see my featured work because this site here probably just doesn't like some parts of the url. IF you'd really like to see my pieces #1 & #2:

type http:// AND then www. in front of oombawkadesigncrochet.com/2014/08/30-free-patterns-fit-for-a-prince-or-princess and THEN type .html at the end of it. If that doesn't work then I give up! DOGGONE IT, lol!!!

Take care & hope to talk soon. Susan
    Last edited by SusansSoulShines; 08-10-2014 at 11:42 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Susan. You are in my prayers. I understand what you are going through. I currently have Fibro, diabetes,Parkinson's, arthritis, and heart trouble. They also found 2 hernias and a mass on my left kidney recently. My hips and my back are really bad. Thursday I have to go have a procedure done where my pain doctor is going to burn the nerves in my lower back to see if that helps my back. I have been having trouble the last few days with my left leg swelling real bad. Waiting on the doctor to get back with me. Seems like my doctor I have just dont want to do anything no matter what is going on. I guess I am just going to have to find another one. I find that doing crafts is very good therapy. Helps me to keep my mind off of everything and I don't get out much to meet new people. I found this site which has so many wonderful people on it and I have met such very special friends on here. I hope to talk to you soon. God bless you.

Post Thanks / Like
    You do beautiful work, Susan. I loved your tiara and crown and from your own site, I see you're a woman with many talents. Keep up the good work!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you andreala....that is such a pretty name you have! I love hand crafting, and crochet has so much variety that it's like many crafts in one! I've been making SO many things, lol, my husband is really happy that I have something enjoyable to do, he's the biggest supporter of my work. I've been decorating our home with little touches lately, a liquid soap bottle cover for the kitchen (haven't done the smaller bathroom bottle sizes YET!), round motifs here and there used as doilies, curtain tie-backs with flowers, also working on items to put some different seasonal wreaths together. I thank God for my talents, it's sure given me something to focus on to try and ignore my pain!

Post Thanks / Like
    sonnetta, I will add you to my prayer list also, you are obviously suffering a lot. It seems like we have a lot in common with health issues. I hate to hear when people tell me of their problems because I know how bad you feel, and I hate to know how badly people feel, since I can relate from personal experiences. I hope all went well with that procedure on your back today, that sounds like a distressing thing to go through! I don't get out much either any more, just to dr visits and physical therapy, and for occasional new tests when I'm going thru for new problems. Whoopie, what fun. Thank goodness for the internet so we know there's still a big world out there!

I no longer have much hope in doctors helping me with much of what I have. Sometimes I simply want to know exactly what is going on with my various specific problems just so I'll know what to do and what not to, on my own... like with my new extreme extra fluid retention problem, is it my heart or kidneys, or something they aren't sure of the exact cause of, that I'll just have to live with like I do the other miseries.

And with my leg, is it a pulled tendon or just arthritis crippling me. I really didn't want to have to use a walker full time, it limits your quality of life and where you can go, not that I go much of any place now, but walkers get in the way in the public and people do stare sometimes while trying not to - guess they wonder what's wrong with me since I seem to look pretty normal considering how 'not-normal' I am, lol, and I'm not the usual age for a person to be using a walker.

I never planned to use that walker much but now it's my best friend. It has wheels & a seat so is very useful and supportive. The arm pain from using it has almost stopped, so it's not so painful to lean on it now. I had to learn to keep my shoulders out of my ears and relax (hah, as if I ever relax) while holding onto it. I do relax when doing crochet, you're so right about it being a therapy. It helps me focus and have my mind occupied better than reading did. I love it so much that I do it daily.

I usually don't tell people about supplements I try because they're mostly like me in thinking you can't get help from ANYthing, so why bother with it. But I've been so desperate for pain relief much more than usual this year in a large part due to us moving 2 times since spring due to some unusual circumstances that were awful, and the physical toll on me and my husband has been horrible. (The mental part was awful too but that's another long story). Plus it seems like every year is worse in general, which I suppose is partly the natural order of things as we age.

I've been using whatever supplements that I can afford over the years, Vitamin D3, magnesium, colloidal silver, flax seed, to name a few. Especially the natural antioxidant and anti inflammatory type of products. I've tried many natural and homeopathic products to avoid drugs that don't help but that can hurt, and would get more of them more often if I could. I take some medications and get some pretty good physical therapy too.

I don't sell this or make any $$ from it, but I'm recently I've been using a product called Blue Emu, you may have heard of it. In case you'd like to look at their website: Products - Blue Emu

It's been around for a good while, a unique product for joint pain, burns, rashes, bites. My husband and I research products all the time in hopes that we might find something to give me any relief at all. I feel this product reduces my knee/leg pain, shoulder/neck area and my left foot that has more arthritis pain than the left & literally split open on the heel during a move 4 1/2 years ago, pain level by approx 15-20% temporary relief as long as I use it 3X a day. It doesn't stop headaches of course but as far as I'm concerned, any relief is better than none at all. All of the combined pain all at one one time is often more than I can handle, it drives me crazy sometimes, causing so much anxiety and frustration.

I also use other creams & sprays w/menthol or peppermint that give a little topical relief... anything to feel a tad better. Sorry this was so long, but I like to share info with people and listen when others have info for me too. So feel free to let me know about anything you hear about to as far as natural products, and take car of yourself.