Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Tongue-tied

Post Thanks / Like

Red face Tongue-tied

I haven't been here in several months and I'm glad to find Crochet Talk is still thriving. I haven't been crocheting a lot lately. My latest fun thing to do is making paper beads for bracelets, anklets and necklaces.

The reason I haven't been here is because of my addiction to playing games, I run out of time. Now my goal is to spend less time playing games and rejoining friends here at CT.
    See what Joyce Writes on Yahoo

Post Thanks / Like
    I play PC games too
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Please come back, so many come in and we get to know them and they just disappear, and don't post anymore.
    I haven't been in much but only because I was my husbands sole caregiver and he past away a couple weeks ago so I will have more time in here, and maybe get my nerves straightened up so I can start crocheting again. I haven't really made anything since Feb. have started differentt projects got couple rows done and caan't figure the rest out. So gave up trying..

4. Likes alrrda liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ooh-lalah View Post
    I haven't been here in several months and I'm glad to find Crochet Talk is still thriving. I haven't been crocheting a lot lately. My latest fun thing to do is making paper beads for bracelets, anklets and necklaces.

The reason I haven't been here is because of my addiction to playing games, I run out of time. Now my goal is to spend less time playing games and rejoining friends here at CT.
    Welcome back
    How do you make beads out of paper?.
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MeerKat View Post
    Please come back, so many come in and we get to know them and they just disappear, and don't post anymore.
    I haven't been in much but only because I was my husbands sole caregiver and he past away a couple weeks ago so I will have more time in here, and maybe get my nerves straightened up so I can start crocheting again. I haven't really made anything since Feb. have started differentt projects got couple rows done and caan't figure the rest out. So gave up trying..
    It will get better. It will just take time..
    Just try to think and do things what would make you happy.
    Krys

7. Thanks MeerKat thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I will post a link to the best instructions I find for making the beads.

Thanks for welcoming me back

Joyce
    Last edited by ooh-lalah; 08-02-2014 at 12:23 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rather than post a link, just look up making paper beads and you will find a ton of you tube videos. Pick the one you like best.
    Start with a nice magazine picture or gift wrap instead of plain paper that you decorate yourself (unless you want to do that, of course). Here's what I do. Cut 3/4" (approx) rectangles -- however long the picture is (maybe 5-6"), then starting from the left corner of a rectangle, cut on the diagonal gradually tapering it to meet the top right corner of the rectangle, so you end up with two triangles. |/| The longer your picture is, the fatter your bead will be. Follow the video you find for wrapping, it's not easy to verbalize that part I hope you try it and find it fun.