Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

Need feedback on color combination

Need feedback on color combination. Keep as is? Switch color(s) around? Or change out color(s)... Choices: burnt orange, dark green, maroon and burnt red. The variegated yarn stays as is.

Thanks for all suggestions

Need feedback on color combination-10455412_10152333413063722_1482753545505201767_n-jpg

Thanks
    Robyn
    (joyyyy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Just to make sure that I understand, are you using all four colors and adding them or just picking one or is the order you want a suggestion for?

Roe

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joyyyy View Post
    Need feedback on color combination. Keep as is? Switch color(s) around? Or change out color(s)... Choices: burnt orange, dark green, maroon and burnt red. The variegated yarn stays as is.

Thanks for all suggestions

Need feedback on color combination-10455412_10152333413063722_1482753545505201767_n-jpg

Thanks
    Robyn
    (joyyyy)
    Hi Robyn. I'm not sure if I understand. Are you using all colors, including those still in skeins, or are you asking out of all colors which ones would look best? Here's my opinion, either way....I love the colors you have already crocheted. Great combination. The only thing I would change is I'd replace the yellowish color with the maroon. Only my opinion! Much luck with your project. Karen

4. Likes Lynda Fey, AuntieAlice liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Robyn, I agree with CrochetKaren, I would switch out the yellowish color with the maroon. The maroon color would give your square some pop! The other colors I would leave. But that is just my thoughts. I would love to know which color you wound up using if you would like to share.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for the confusion. I need 6 colors in all and I am working off the varigated yarn. The first couple of color placements I am happy with and I would like to use the dark green to connect the squares together. So that leaves the cornmeal, burnt red and orange, maroon and green and maybe a brown or two to work with. These are colors left over from an afghan I just finished for our camper and thought I would make another one. If you would like to see the pattern I am going to be making it is in allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com and is called Rich Mitered Crochet Throw.

Thanks

Robyn

Post Thanks / Like
    are you going to put white between the colors?

Post Thanks / Like
    I think it looks great just the way it is, if you are going to change any colors around though, might change the yellow to the maroon, but wouldn't have to change anything.

Post Thanks / Like
    I would switch out the yellow with burnt orange , and the green with any shade of blue , esp. sky blue. I still like southwestern color combinations. A good rule is to do a split-compliment( that is 2 colors that are side by side on the color wheel,and the color that is on the opposite side of the color wheel.) I know that is only 3 colors, so do neutral colors for the other choices ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I would add the burnt orange after the cream, before the dark colour (not sure but looks dark green to me) and continue with the remaining colours you already have in the same order. Looks like it will be lovely whatever you decide!
    Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Robyn, I read all the comment s and wondering how you are going to put them together. My granddaughter just got married and his color is deep red and her's is orange. She wants an afghan with those colors like your's. Their furnature is all black leather Every time I go to Hobby Lobby I try to match up the colors. They have two dogs so white is out. I was thinking of making some blocks in the corner , orange and some red with the other colors going up. Are there pictures where you want this afghan, can you use the colors out of a picture? I like the colors you have put together. Send us a picture when you get it done. Margaret.