Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Post Thanks / Like

August is Family Fun Month

What a wonderful and exciting month! The idea of Family Fun Month makes me smile!:-) Spending time together with family is always a time to create lasting memories. What memories will you make with your family this month?

Kindness begets kindness. Enjoy life!

2. Likes Barbara G. liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I've started compiling a list of activities from which my family and I can make selections:
    (family's input included)

trip to the zoo
    lunch at a tearoom
    celebrating older daughter's birthday*** definitely!
    day trip of shopping
    picnic in the park
    trip to the movies
    ice cream at Cold Stone Creamery
    Dave and Buster's for dining and games
    trip to the library
    browsing at an antique store
    movie night at home (popcorn+ included)
    attending church together
    family walks
    attend a play
    visiting recently opened shoppes in a nearby city(all in one huge building)
    bowling
    visiting family/ social activities with family members
    game night
    visit a museum

What ideas are you formulating for/with your family?
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 08-02-2014 at 07:42 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    As part of our normal routine my daughters and I attended church as a family. We are "A family that prays together, stays together." It's spiritually enriching!

Then we we went to Victoria 's Secret. My younger daughter purchased some items. Afterwards, we stopped at Dicky's BBQ to pick up dinner. Shopping is a favorite activity of ours! We enjoy tasty meals too!
    Last edited by Butterflyrose; 08-04-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will be going to my grandson's first birthday party on the 16th, my son and his family came this past weekend and we played board games, going to have my grandson for a couple days and will do things with him like painting things, going in the pool, playing UNO. He likes that game. My daugheter is thinking of coming and spending a week at the end of the month and we usually do things together. We will probably go to some yard sales, the farmers market.

6. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well its just my hubby and I. So far this past weekend we went blueberry picking together. i usually do that myself but he wanted to go. Hopefully we take a ride to the shore and the mountains to just get away.

Huggers
    Debby

8. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta, you are really having a wonderful time with your family and more to come! Keeping having FUN! Keep us posted!

Debby, blueberry picking sounds like fun. Having FUN with your husband just made it a perfect activity. Enjoy your future adventues together! Keep us posted!

Post Thanks / Like
    Today my older daughter and I shopped in our city and then we traveled to a nearby city to shop. I found exactly what I was looking for!! We had FUN as usual!

Post Thanks / Like
    I been wanting to go to the Goodwill and try to find some clothes to wear around the house. But I am still not to sure about driving especially in the town one is in. Plus I need some shoes I didn't realize that your feet shrink also when you loose weight. So now I don't have the slightest idea what size I wear now.

12. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Such a Nice Post Butterflyrose, Im just enjoying reading all the Family Fun. Mine is NOT ! its a Caregiver time and Im so Down ! feel alone. God is with me and so glad I welcomed him back. Still looking for a Beginners Bible. I am exhausted as I show none of this to Larry, only Im tired and Nap with him. Miss CT but this is most Ive done for a long time. My mind is on him, no friends/family except a Spoiled jobeless son. We love him tho and is my Taxi so Thank God for him staying around. Venting was the Name of Post hehehe sorry & God Bless you Go my Friend and dont change your ways. Susan2014

14. Likes Butterflyrose liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    MeerKat, have FUN when you do go clothing and shoe shopping! It would be a great time to shop with friends and ask one of them to do the driving. What a fun day trip that would be!

Hi Susan! Thank you so much. I know caring for your husband is a mighty act of love.. God has equipped you and yes, He'll be with you always. Let God be your strength during this time in your life. I am so glad that God is once again in your life. Let the JOY of the Lord be your strength. You are so blessed to have your son to assist you. I will keep you, your husband and son in my prayers.(((Hugs)))

I thoroughly enjoy reading "Woman Thou Art Loosed! Holy Bible(New King James version). Very Clear and easy to understand. Another favorite of mine is Good News Bible(Today's English version). This one is easy to understand too! My old faithful is Holy Bible(King James version), it calls for much more understanding of the verbiage of the days of old. I memorize all scripture from this Bible.

As you know, when God's name is mentioned, I tune in. It's FUN learning about God, praising, worshipping, praying to Him and learning about and receiving what He has to offer us.