Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  15
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Post Thanks / Like

Help! Bought More Yarn!!

Welp, I did it again, folks! Couldn't resist. I search craigslist for yarn deals, including yard sales that advertise yarn for sale. On the last night of the yard sale I write to the person and ask if they have any yarn left and if so, how much. I struck gold today as I met with a lovely lady who was selling a lot of brand new yarn for just the right price! I got........4 1 lb skeins of Caron and 3 1 lb skeins of Lion Brand Pound of Love Baby Yarn.....all for ONLY $3 ea. Plus.....7 8oz skeins of Red Heart Super Savers.....all for ONLY $2 ea. 1 6oz skein of Bernat Sports Weight Coordinates....for ONLY $2. And a bag full of 7 2.5oz skeins of Sugar and Cream Thread, plus a skein of thin gold thread for ONLY $3!! Thanks for listening, my friends. Just had to share. It's been a good day indeed, lol!

Post Thanks / Like
    A girl after my own heart!!! I was back at Goodwill today and bought another 39 skeins of yarn, in the past couple of weeks, I have bought at least 167 skeins, including todays haul. So I know you are doing a very happy dance too!!!!

Roe

3. Likes Morningstar46 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CrochetKaren View Post
    Welp, I did it again, folks! Couldn't resist. I search craigslist for yarn deals, including yard sales that advertise yarn for sale. On the last night of the yard sale I write to the person and ask if they have any yarn left and if so, how much. I struck gold today as I met with a lovely lady who was selling a lot of brand new yarn for just the right price! I got........4 1 lb skeins of Caron and 3 1 lb skeins of Lion Brand Pound of Love Baby Yarn.....all for ONLY $3 ea. Plus.....7 8oz skeins of Red Heart Super Savers.....all for ONLY $2 ea. 1 6oz skein of Bernat Sports Weight Coordinates....for ONLY $2. And a bag full of 7 2.5oz skeins of Sugar and Cream Thread, plus a skein of thin gold thread for ONLY $3!! Thanks for listening, my friends. Just had to share. It's been a good day indeed, lol!
    Hi Karen,
    Be careful with all those yarn purchases. So, you wouldn't end-up like me.. LOL.
    I did sent you email today, I hope you got that.
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    Ahahahahaha!! Even with my bad back and cane I am STILL doing a happy dance, Roe!! lol. You go girl, too! 167 skeins! Woo Hoo!! Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Krys! Yes, I did get your email and as we speak I'm writing you back. I was just enjoying looking thru the design contest winners on that site you sent me. I wasn't aware of contests for crocheting. Maybe some day! Need to learn so much more before then. Watch for my email within the next 20mins or so. Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    I am still looking for yarn around here. Our goodwill is not very good. It has gone downhill alot. I went to the next town to look but they didn't have any either. I found a lot the year before last but seems like even the yard sales around here don't carry it. I will have to go on Craigslist and see if I can find some. I started out with all my mom's yarn when she passed but I have been doing so many things I am running a little low.

8. Likes Morningstar46 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sonnetta! I'm grabbing some dinner now and then settling in to write you. Much love....Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    I love hearing your stories. Lately, several places I've gone, people have given me sacks of yarn for my baby and adult hats for the VA hospital. MY DH says I'm the only one who goes to church and comes home with yarn!

11. Likes AuntieAlice liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    That is awesome! I constantly check out the goodwill and thrift stores in my area for deals on yarn. Then whenever I'm in the store doing general shopping I always pick up a skein or two...........one never knows when they will need that color, or what project will come up. Yea so I'm getting the dirty look from hubby because my stash is growing and my craft room is on the brink of overflowing but then I ask him a question about his shop and all the wood and expensive tools he has out there and wa la dirty look goes away LOL.

13. Likes Morningstar46, MeerKat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow! Maybe I can start finding good deals like that. I am impressed. Our nearest Goodwill is over an hour away. Never have found any yarn there. Keep it up.