Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: crochet shawl

Post Thanks / Like

crochet shawl

I am looking for a basic pattern of double crochet for a shawl. We are going to make these for the seniors in nursing homes. Thank you in advance for any info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the link to one that you can make any size you want, mostly double crochet with a nice edging.
    Ravelry: York Shawlette pattern by Anastacia Zittel

3. Thanks Estee thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you will also search here on Crochet Talk using the search box in the upper right hand corner using the word shawl, you will find more resources.

You might also find something in our prayer shawl group. It is fairly new but might have something for you:

http://crochettalk.com/groups/prayer-shawls.html

Post Thanks / Like
    you could also do oblong/rectangular shawls - chain as long as you need to and just work as long and as wide as you want.

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Martha Stewarts Poncho shawl pattern it goes over the head (double crochet but has shells) and would be easy for patient to keep on. Comes in reg or plus size. It was too large a pattern to upload exceeded limits here but...it is free at lionbrand.com listed as:
    Martha Stewart 'Coming Home' Poncho FREE PATTERN!
    Like the poncho that Martha wore going home and on her 'Poncho' show

Free Pattern Buy Materials
    Skill Level: Easy (Level 2)
    Size: Adult Medium
    Craft: Crochet
    Corrections: None
    Pattern #: 50189-C

Post Thanks / Like
    Bless ya'll for making them some shawls. The elderly here in our nursing home would love them...I know my mother stays cold so much of the time I keep mostly in sweats. On one of my visits to the nursing home there was an elderly lady begging for one of my afghans she was so cold. I gave her a beautiful cable red one that covered her bed. I will never forget seeing her tucked in from head to toe with that afghan in her bed. She thanked me with tears in her eyes. She has since passed.