Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  10
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Post Thanks / Like

Free Vintage baby patterns (Lovely) (designed by Alice Fowler)

I found a new website that has free patterns. The ladys name is Rhonnda and she has located old patterns written by Alice Fowler.

There are a few boy items included, I know how hard they are to locate. Rhonnda has most of the items on her site, altho she still has a few to finish up. She states that the patterns are numbered and do not appear anywhere on the internet. The only way to possibly locate them would be to search Alice Fowler and try to locate the pattern by number. Rhonnda has an index by number and description as well as photos. Enjoy -
    Ruth
    Last edited by Barbara G.; 09-28-2014 at 08:45 PM. Reason: link does not work

2. Thanks Mary Laposta, charlye, elproct thanked for this post
    Likes charlye, elproct liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried clicking this link a three times, but kept getting message web page unavailable.

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't understand what happened, but when you click the link above a YAHOO search page appears. It lists search results and the 2nd one says ALICE FOWLER - click on that result link and it takes you to oombawkadesign page with the patterns. So sorry for the problem.

Post Thanks / Like
    ok I'll try it again. It may have been my computer, as it was acting up today but has since calmed down. lol Half the time I'm not sure if it's really my pc or just my internet service provider experiencing interference issues. I'll follow your instructions this time. Thanks Ruth.

Post Thanks / Like
    aw.. I got the same message This page unavailable. It offered a refresh which also didn't work. Then I thought I'd be smart and copy the link into a fresh google search page.. but still same message. I wonder why? hmmm... It prolly works for others and just not me. darn it!!

Post Thanks / Like
    No, Mary, it isn't your computer. I get the same message! ~ Shirly

8. Thanks Mary Laposta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Me too, Shirly...

10. Thanks Mary Laposta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Try going to oombawkadesigncrochet.com/tag/vintage crochet. If that doesn't work just go to oombawkadesigncrochet.com click on free patterns then click on vintage patterns.

12. Thanks Mary Laposta thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh ok.. Thanks Shirly and Estee, I'm glad to know this isn't just happening to me. whew! lol. I'll try pbjones80 suggestion now .. & see what happens. Though I did think I tried that already, and wondered if perhaps you need an open yahoo account? I have some of Alice Fowlers' patterns already. I really just want to make sure I haven't missed any. I am a huge fan of her. She created so many wonderful patterns for her time. I wish I knew more about her as a person. It would be a great biography to read .. I think, even if maybe just to crocheters who are A. Fowler fans.

Post Thanks / Like
    ah HA! I do believe that worked!! sigh.. Wow there are a lot of free patterns here. and .. I must have missed all this before as this web blog does look familiar. Thank you so much for sharing this link with us. K.. off to pattern hunt now.. Blessings All.. & Have a Fantastic Weekend xo