Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New member

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all, I just became a member and thought I'd introduce myself. I've been crocheting off and on for close to 45 years. Just got back into it this year after a 5 year break. It really helps with stress, although my husband thinks I'm obsessed(he would be right). Anyway thank you for the opportunity to join you.

2. Likes Susan2014 liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Maggiesmom and welcome. It's nice to meet you. Glad you found us. Crocheting really does help with stress, it's so relaxing. I enjoy meeting fellow crocheters from around the country. What do you like to crochet? I like to crochet afghans and granny squares. I look forward to seeing some of your projects. I am the same way as you about crocheting. My husband says every time he turns around I am crocheting. I just went to Jo-Anns today and bought 14 new skeins of yarn. I love to go yarn shopping. It's my favorite thing to shop for. Hope to talk to you again soon.

4. Thanks Maggiesmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and we love to see some of your addiction Hooking. My hubby just rolls his eyes now. Im happy hes happy !
    Chat later.
    Susan2014

6. Thanks Maggiesmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Maggiesmom and welcome to the group. I have been crocheting about a year now and really love it. It helps me to relax and keep my mind off of my pain. I am disabled so I have plenty of time to do it. It is so wonderful to meet you.

8. Thanks Maggiesmom thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Maggiesmom and welcome to the forum! I just got back into crocheting 3yrs ago after a 30yr break....and I'm more than enjoying it. I guess you could say I'm addicted to it, so I understand your enjoyment, as well. There are so many wonderful people on this site to chat with, ask questions of, and share creations with. I'm sure you'll have fun. Take Good Care, Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Sonnetta. I saw your reply to Maggiesmom and see you deal with pain. I, too, deal with chronic pain....every single day. I am also disabled due to a degenerative spinal disease and arthritis of my joints. I find crocheting to be a wonderful hobby when you're sometimes housebound, or at least limited in what you can do. I hope to share lots of conversation with you in the future! Until then, Take Good Care, Karen.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lynda, right now I have two afghans from the red heart cal that are on there sew together and edge stage, the mystery crochet with the crochet club, a crossword puzzle afghan for my sister( 5 blocks completed out of 227)lol 2 market bags as wip. I really like learning new stitches and found mandalas to be quick and really fun!! I'm looking for the patterns to the cupcake and lollipop yarn head dolls, I had tracked them all down on eBay and apparently lost them in the move, but I have lots of the heads. I wasn't ever big on afghans or granny squares but there are some really amazing patterns out there. Lots of fun. I love yarn shopping too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Maggiesmom; WELCOME.... So glad you have join out little corner of the world. I have to make me something just to keep my hair out of my eyes while I crochet, teee heee I hate it when that happens.
    I also make a lot of baby afghans but mine are mostly filet crochet in white and then I go around them in different colors. The filet are of different things like, teddy bear, squirrel, rocking horse (my favorite) 2 different butterflies, a dragonfly.
    I also like the corner to corner pattern for afghans. I also like making granny squares for our square swap each mo. Jump in and join in as much as you want. The more you post the easier it is for us to get to know you. I make hats for chemo-radiation patients. Some can be worn with hair as it grows out or no hair at all. Until we meet. Charlye

13. Thanks Maggiesmom thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doileis
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Lots of people are talking about Mandalas, I'll have to try my hand at one sometime. I'm always to busy making things for my loved ones. I've saw pictures of the mandalas and they are beautiful. What is wip? I'm hearing about that a lot. You are a busy lady. I'm sure your projects will turn out lovely. I have a table runner I am making for my daughter that is in the sew together and edge stage that is made out of 36 granny squares. My daughter picked the granny square pattern. I also have 50 granny squares that I still have to sew together and edge as an afghan for my aunt for Christmas. Plus I have dishcloths on my to do list for the girls in my family for Christmas. There's a new store in my town called "Yarn Rhapsody", I hope to visit it in the near future. Have fun crocheting. Take care girlie. Hope to see some of your work sometime. Goodnight.