Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Hello, newbie here

Hi, my name is Debbie and I am obviously new here as I am posting in the introduce yourself thread.

I am 47, married, 3 kids, Stephanie almost 23, Cody almost 21, Nick just turned 18. Then I have partial custody of Chanel who is almost 5, long story for another day.

I first started crocheting when I was living with my widowed aunt when I was 18. We would sit and crochet for hours. I haven't crocheted in years and just started up again a few years ago to keep myself busy and sane as I have been on disability for the past eight years. Limited physically so it keeps me busy.

I make baby blankets, beanies, booties, sweaters and dresses for showers for friends and family. Barbie clothes for Chanel. I recently started making Angel dresses to donate to NICU units and have been asked to make 50 lap blankets and shawls/scarves for a senior center for Christmas.

I'm really happy I found this site, it is very informative and friendly.

2. Thanks Susan2014 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker. I have 2 kids about 30 yo... have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Debbie. It's nice to meet you. I'm 55 and live in Northeast Georgia about 53 miles from Atlanta. I have 3 children. Robbie who is 36, a daughter Rebekka who is 33 and a son Shane who is 29. My oldest son has 3 daughters, Caellin who is 7, Tarryn who is 6 and Fay who is 7 months old. Fay is my middle name and was my mama's name so she is named after us. My daughter has 2 children, Audrey who is 14 and a son Tex who is 11. My youngest son has 2 children, Karah and a son Payton. Don't get to see them much but like you it's a story for another day. I love crocheting afghans and granny squares. I venture outside my norm in crocheting sometimes making baby booties, caps and scarves. We are happy you found us. Would like to see some of your finished projects sometime if you would like to share. We like looking at each others finished items. Have a great day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Debbie your a kid (Im 74) bt young at heart. Beautiful Family sound like. We all have some disability it seems I and many others , we do things at our speed & ways thats easy. Chanel how lucky to get Barbie clothes, bet she wants to know if your always asking her clothes hehe. Im married to my 90 yr young guy & son lives with us . Oh yea jasper & chloe my 2 Cats who own the house. I donate most of my things. Do small,quick & easy ones. Hope t o share patterns one day. have a lot on Forms to see. Have a super Day. Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here! Feel free to share in the forums if you like!