Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Looking for woman's vest, light wt yet some warmth to it

OK, I'm back I guess. I joined nearly 2 yrs ago and was an active contributor, but my wife's breast cancer got in the way of lots of things in our lives. She finished her year of chemo yesterday so I MAY have more time now for projects, etc. Many thanks to LANDON for keeping in touch w/ me through facebook.

Here's my question. I dug into our yarn boxes (note plural) and found two matching Dazzleaire (R) 4-ply 3 oz skeins and asked her what she would like me to make w/ them. She said a vest that would be very light and open, yet if closed (joined in front) it would have a bit of warmth to it. I would like your suggestions. At the moment I'm leaning towards a V-stitch shawl, but I don't think that is what she has in mind. Another way to handle this might be an open stitch with closed-stitch pockets for the warmth?? Don't worry about the degree of difficulty when you make your suggestions; I can handle it. Been there; done that.

Thanking you in advance,
    TGsDad
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't usually post here in the looking for posts as I have a pattern shop, and that just seems to spammy. But, I'd suggest something loose fitting, that can be closed with a tie (should she desire), with big pockets to carry around whatever comfort she likes to keep handy.

I went to browse around the shop at styles, which, of course, led to a blog post, that I will share. Now, I doubt your wife is too large if she just finished Chemo, but perhaps you can find something in a similar style, or design your own !

3. Thanks TGsDad thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your interesting post - certainly not too spamy at all. These pattern would likely use more than the 6 oz of yarn that I have in my specific color/dye lot. They are keepers though. I'll wait to see if I get any more suggestions before deciding. Thanks again.
    TGsDad
    free downloads of my books are at http://tg-books.yolasite.com
    Updated Dec. 15

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi TG's Dad,
    Looking for woman's vest, light wt yet some warmth to it-patterns-001-jpg Looking for woman's vest, light wt yet some warmth to it-patterns-jpg
    I tried to get it so you could read it
    Attached Images Attached Images Looking for woman's vest, light wt yet some warmth to it-patterns-003-jpg 

Post Thanks / Like