Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  7
Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    The town of West Chester, in Cincinnati, Ohio
    Post Thanks / Like

My First Baby Project - Shell Pattern Dress

Hello Everyone,

I am so excited! As some of you know, we are expecting our 12th grandchild on August 9th. I have never made any crocheted outfits for any of the other babies, but got the urge to make things for this one. After downloading many patterns, I decided on this adorable shell pattern baby dress. I'm happy with the way it turned out. I still have to go out and buy a button for the back. I can't wait to take photos of her wearing it. I'll post them at that time.
    My First Baby Project - Shell Pattern Dress-007-baby-dress-jpg Front view

My First Baby Project - Shell Pattern Dress-009-baby-dress-baby-schalk-jpg Back view

Now, I'm going to start making a sweater, hat and booties to match. Hope I get them done in time!

~~ Hugs, Jo
    Last edited by dancingbaehr; 07-15-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    A Travelling Baehr Gathers No Moss!!

2. Thanks cybarra thanked for this post
    Likes cybarra liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Ooh! That is so precious and something to be treasured. And you will get the others done in time. Can't wait to see pics of the newest littlest one in all her finery.

Roe

4. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Likes dancingbaehr liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jo,
    I saw the pictures and said 'now I'm jealous.' I don't know if I would be that good at crocheting something. Not that I want to crochet a baby girls dress. Did you see my post on 'my attempt at a doily'? Did you see the pattern? If it's not on the last page it's on page 4.

6. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is soooo pretty! Great job! And my birthday is August 9, what a coincidence! =D

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Roe, I can't wait to see her either!!!! It may be a little big on her at first. Her three older sisters were all tiny babies. I'm hoping her mother will keep it and give it to her when she is old enough to treasure it as something her grandmother made for her with love.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by LI Roe View Post
    Ooh! That is so precious and something to be treasured. And you will get the others done in time. Can't wait to see pics of the newest littlest one in all her finery.

Roe

9. Likes little drummer liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

Yes, I saw your doily pattern, but never saw your finished project. Did you get it done yet? I'm sure you are doing a fine job because you are taking your time figuring out the pattern. It's okay to do that. Sometimes I think it's better than rushing through a pattern and maybe getting something wrong. The fact that you took the time to frog it out here and there means you want to do it right. I applaud you for that! So, please keep at it and keep trying patterns you think may be too hard for you. You will surprise yourself at how much you CAN do, my Friend.

~~ Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Jo,
    I saw the pictures and said 'now I'm jealous.' I don't know if I would be that good at crocheting something. Not that I want to crochet a baby girls dress. Did you see my post on 'my attempt at a doily'? Did you see the pattern? If it's not on the last page it's on page 4.

11. Likes LI Roe liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Rogue,

Well, how about that! She will be in good company then!!!

~~ Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hobbies View Post
    That is soooo pretty! Great job! And my birthday is August 9, what a coincidence! =D

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dancingbaehr View Post
    Hi Jean Marie,

Yes, I saw your doily pattern, but never saw your finished project. Did you get it done yet? I'm sure you are doing a fine job because you are taking your time figuring out the pattern. It's okay to do that. Sometimes I think it's better than rushing through a pattern and maybe getting something wrong. The fact that you took the time to frog it out here and there means you want to do it right. I applaud you for that! So, please keep at it and keep trying patterns you think may be too hard for you. You will surprise yourself at how much you CAN do, my Friend.

~~ Hugs, Jo
    Hi Jo,
    Which pattern did you see? The one at the top of page one or the one on page 4 or both? Did you see the pictures on the last page?(on the post 'my attempt at a doily') I'm going to crochet the white doilies over (11 rows instead of 13) row 13 makes it curl and it looks nicer without row 12 don't you think?
    Hugs, Jean Marie
    Last edited by Jean Marie; 07-16-2014 at 07:51 AM.

14. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post

Post Thanks / Like
    The dress you made is very pretty. You done an excellent job. Can't wait to see more of your work. The dress will be treasured for years to come. Beautiful work.

16. Thanks dancingbaehr thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jean Marie,

I saw both patterns. Yes, I agree the white doily will look better flat. I just sent you a note on your post 'my attempt at a doily'.
    ~~ Hugs, Jo

Quote Originally Posted by Jean Marie View Post
    Hi Jo,
    Which pattern did you see? The one at the top of page one or the one on page 4 or both? Did you see the pictures on the last page?(on the post 'my attempt at a doily') I'm going to crochet the white doilies over (11 rows instead of 13) row 13 makes it curl and it looks nicer without row 12 don't you think?
    Hugs, Jean Marie