Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last

Thread: Hi Everyone:)

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone:)

My name is Krys. I live in NW suburb of Chicago IL with my little dog name Cesar, he is a Maltese. I have two grown up children and two granddaughters. I started crocheting about 7 years ago. After about 2 years I stopped for few years and now I started again. At first I was only crocheting scarf's for my little grandkids, than hats and blankets for them. And now I just love to crochet amigurumi.
    My granddaughters are not that little anymore. They are 13 and almost 15 years old, so they will not wear anything crocheted. But, they do like my amigurumi. About 2 months ago I crochet 4 apples with worms for teachers gifts. They like that very much.
    Besides crocheting I like to paint. I use to paint a lot, right now not that much.

Polishgirl
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Krys! It s nice to meet you! I am Larisa doily maker. Will you show pictures of your works? I am so interested in paintings
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa, it is very nice to meet you. As you know I am new here and I am trying to figure it out how everything works... I will post pictures of my work as soon as I figure it out how to do that..LOL. So, any help on that subject would be greatly appreciated.
    I see you like to crochet doily's. I just find out not to long ago that I can't crochet with thread. I was thinking of crocheting a bookmark for my friend. That is when I find out that I cannot do that. Some people can crochet with yarn & thread and that is great!.
    I was mostly doing decorative painting: flowers, animals.
    Few months ago I got a new computer and lost many pictures because of that. Everything was going to be transfer from the old to the new one. But, it didn't worked that way.

Happy crocheting
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    HI there Polishgirl - Krys Welcome to our little corner of the world. It is a very happy group. Everyone is very helpful and happy to.
    You asked about pictures posting. If you look at the very top of this page or any forum page you will see a "NEED HELP?" Well this is where you go for doing pictures or photos. It has a video that really explains it real well. I am one of them that I will have to do it a hundred time before I can do it with out help but I have been able to do it with the video. They are very good with their instructions.
    QUOTEW] Here is one point that I got for someone on here and I saved it so I will send it to YOU.
    If the picture is on the internet, you can click the picture frame icon above the reply box. If you have pictures on your computer, click the go advanced button below the box and it will open more options for you. There you will see a paper clip to click on. Once you click on the paperclip, then another box will open which will allow you to upload photos onto our site.

If you want to watch a video on how to do this - then click on the link in my signature and it will take you to the Need Help? page. There is also a tab above on the site thats says Need Help?]
    I think it was from Barbara G.
    enjoy charlye

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye thank you very much. I will try
    Krys

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Krys! I cannot wait to see your paintings! I wish I could be there and help you with transfer pictures from old computer. I used to save pictures of doilies. I put them to Internet sometimes. I wish I could draw but it s far from me. I love good music but cannot make music... Sorry for my poor English == Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa, don't be sorry about your English. My writing in English it very bad too. I was born and raised in Poland.
    About that new computer and lost pictures. I bought my new comp. at a very known store. At the same time I brought my old comp. to them. Ask them to transfer everything and paid for that extra, I think it was over hundred bucks. They said they will! and I believe them. When I was picking up my new comp. they asked if I want my old comp. back?. Stupid me, I said no. I just wanted my hard drive back for a security reasons. So, I could destroyed that by my self and I did.
    So, some of the pictures are lost for ever. I also lost many bought patterns and many documents.
    Do you crochet doily only?
    Krys
    PS: my old computer was big and very heavy. That was the reason I didn't want that back.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Krys! If you have your old hard drive it s possible to get information from it. I crochet doilies... I knit my endless jacquard vest also. I make mats too but not now. I plan to make a lot of crafts but do not have time. My computer is big too. I cannot take it. Peter helps me to open it. We made this computer from details ourselves. I love it! have a good day - Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Polishgirl ! I'm Kitty. I work with thread, mostly. I think amigarumis are cute. I've done some minis , in thread. When i post pics , to make it easier , i put the pic on my desktop first- if i can do it anyone can- follow the directions in NEED HELP at the top of the page, right under Crochet Talk .
    I almost forgot, i wanted to say; my old computer crashed, and i lost all my patterns . In a way it was a blessing- there were a lot of projects to do piled up that i don't have to do now ! But it is a terrible feeling ... Like losing part of your memories.
    Last edited by Kitty; 07-15-2014 at 10:33 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome aboard! It is great to have you here among crochet friends! Hope you enjoy the forums and please let us know if you have need of anything. This is a wonderful group who love to help as much as possible! Happy crocheting!