Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: My First Post!

Post Thanks / Like

My First Post!

Hello Everyone! Nice to meet you all. I'm new to this site and am hoping to make some new friends who are as addicted to crocheting as I am! Love buying yarn and just looking for hours at crochet sites....so many things I'd love to make, once I get a few more stitches under my belt. Take Good Care, everyone! And Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Karen. It s nice to meet you too. I am Larisa addicted to doilies. I crochet when I have free time. Do you have a cat? I have 5 birds - Have a good day
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here! Feel free to share in the forums if you like!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Larisa! I appreciate your personal hello. Wow, I'm so impressed with people who make doilies. A long time ago I made a couple pineapple doilies for my tables and still have and use them to this day. They are not an easy task! You are talented. In regard to your questions about my pets....no, I don't have any cats but I do have 2 small dogs and they are my babies, lol. I do, however, crochet dog and cat coats and blankets for our local animal rescue organization and enjoy helping those little sweeties very much. I also love to crochet afghans, baby blankets, shawls, crosses for walls and for bookmarks, and have begun to crochet purses and totebags. Let's keep in touch, ok? I'd love to share our creations. Bye for now, Larisa......

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for your welcome, Barbara! I have already made some friends via this forum and look forward to sharing our common interests in the world of yarn! Take Good Care.

Post Thanks / Like
    CrochetKaren ----- Boy, is that the best word for it ADDICTED. I am sure most all of us here are just that addicted to crocheting but there are a few who are just addicted
    to knitting so I guess we can say we are all addicted to Yarn and Thread. My hubby took me to Walmart and unknown to him was I planned to buy more yarn and guess what I DID. So I sure have quite a stash built up. But I will use it as I have a lot of things I want to make and some new stitches I want to learn. I only have to get some cotton for some of my chemo caps. There are so many You Tube site on here that teach different thing like arm crocheting (this is one I want to learn).
    Another is arm knitting but I am not fast enough to follow you-tube. So I have to keep trying until I get it. So I will keep trying... That would be nice to do when we travel. I would not have to worry about the hooks. (I drop my hooks all the time they are hard to pick up with a seat belt strangling you) LOL
    charlye

Quote Originally Posted by CrochetKaren View Post
    Hello Everyone! Nice to meet you all. I'm new to this site and am hoping to make some new friends who are as addicted to crocheting as I am! Love buying yarn and just looking for hours at crochet sites....so many things I'd love to make, once I get a few more stitches under my belt. Take Good Care, everyone! And Happy Crocheting

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Charlye! Nice to hear from you. And I LOVE your name! Yes, all things yarn ARE addicting, aren't they?? So I guess I'm not alone with constantly buying yarn then, lol. I just can't resist store sales, yard sales, online sales...you name it, as long as they're selling yarn, I'm a buyin', lol. But, like you, I also have a lot of things I'm planning on making, especially for the holidays. I'm pretty well stocked now, too. I see you make chemo caps...how wonderful, Charlye. So good of you to do that. Making hats is not my specialty...but between my scarves and your hats looks like we can make a few good sets, hah? I saw arm crocheting done on youtube as well. Looks pretty neat. And you're right....no loss of hooks that way, lol. So tell me, where are you from? I'm in Las Vegas, but originally from New York. Do you have children? I have two grown daughters, 26yrs and 34yrs. No grandchildren yet. How about you? Ok, gotta' run now but would love to hear back from you when you can. Next time maybe we can talk about some projects we're working on, or hope to begin soon. Have a good eve! Karen

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and you are sure to make friends on here. I have more friends that I haven't met then friends I live close to. The more you participate the more people you will meet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Twinfaye! Nice to meet you. Yes, seems everyone here is very friendly and I look forward to sharing common interests. Nice to have others to talk with about crocheting, yarn, patterns, etc. Hope to share these things with you, as well. Take Good Care.....Karen