Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  4

Post Thanks / Like

I don't understand Basketweave stitch

I decided to step out of my comfort zone when I saw a basketweave baby blanket. I decided to try it in rainbow colors from an old song I learned as a child, so I am working with the first color, red. Here's my problem. I'm trying to make 3 rows of each stripe. I understand the post stitches just fine, but when it comes to turning, I have to frog constantly because I don't know which stitch to use. If I end with front post stitch and I want to keep going with that same stitch, which do I do, front or back post stitch? If I end with front post stitch and want to change to the next square in the weave, what do I change to, front or back post stitch? How do you tell? and when it comes to the rows, if I want a full 3 rows of a stitch, do I have to do 4 rows of it, or just stick with 3 and it will look ok? I have frogged so much and only gotten 3 rows done in a month, and had to leave it out of frustration. I am severely dyslexic, which probably is a lot of the problem. Please help!
    Thank you
    Pat Lisenbee

2. Likes kitty jean liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patt,
    I hope this helps.
    How to Crochet the Basketweave Stitch NewStitchaDay.com
    Jean Marie

4. Thanks Patt, charlye thanked for this post
    Likes Patt, little drummer, charlye liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched the whole video and copied the instructions so I can follow them to the letter - after I frog my work down to the double crochet row, sigh. Now I know where I was going wrong, thank you Jean Marie. I get a lot of stuff from New Stitch A Day but didn't think to go to it to look for this. Glad you did. I appreciate your help.
    Pat Lisenbee

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Patt dont give up as basketweave stitch is not really hard, take your time. I am on Pinterest so I pin to my Boards to save when I need them or Bookmark them. Good Luck Susan2014

Post Thanks / Like
    Jean Marie, thanks so much for this great site. The tutorial was clear and slow enough for me to follow. Thanks ever so much. Moralyn

Post Thanks / Like
    I love the basketweave stitch you will too once you get the hang of it. Stick with it and have fun. I use tutorials often they make learning so much easier then written patterns.