Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  20
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: Hi Everyone

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Everyone

I'm glad to meet you here at Crochet Talk. My name is Mary. I'm 52 years of age and living in Toronto. I had a grandmother who would sit to crochet off and on throughout each day. I recall how I loved seeing the results of her work, and often found myself as a wee girl examining her stitches up close as if they were amazing to me. Eventually when older, I began crocheting with grandma teaching me how to make a granny square baby blanket for a high school project. Though I did not make much for years after ward, every so often I would get that urge to make something... And would dabble with it off and on. A few years back I became injured while at work and am now disabled with lots of time on my hands. That's when I really began devoting time for crocheting and found it helps me to focus on something other than pain. Although there's so many wonderful crochet patterns out there, I notice I'm drawn to anything baby crochet. I think baby garments are adorable, and addicting.. so have so far mainly focused on that genre of pattern. But then, having said all that, I think maybe the loving memories of spending time with gramma is a huge part of why I love crocheting so much .. too
    Thank you for creating Crochet Talk and letting me be a part of this community. I'm looking forward to being a member here very much and seeing the work of others, and continue to learn through our community sharing of tips etc..
    Mary

2. Likes Barbara G., Teri, AudreyL liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mary
    We are very happy you have joined us. We to have gone through Thanking Barbara G for have this place for us to play. I call it Our little corner of the world. I am 68 and I spend a lot of time crocheting, I take it with me where ever I go. We went to a family reunion and took it with. They played Bingo and I have a bit of a hearing in a crowd so I crocheted and different one came and asked me what I was working on and I had a couple of things I had I was working on and they really enjoyed seeing them. I can talk and crochet without a problem but I was careful not to bother anyone while they called off the numbers. Other wise unless I am on the computer you will see me with a crochet hook in my hand.
    Welcome to or group.
    charlye

4. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you, Charlye. Wow I haven't been to bingo in a long time as it's been difficult for me to get there and I know I couldn't handle it yet. I can just imagine how much fun it was for you to get out and crochet at bingo though I sort of know what you mean about taking with. I would sometimes take what I was working on to work and crochet on the bus, or during breaks. I was working in a nursing home, and it always seemed to be great conversation starters when residents would come have a look, or with other people sitting next to me on the bus. Though, for me it wasn't as often as you. I have a feeling that might change though. I have a strong urge to carry my work to the park and sit in some shade while crocheting tomorrow, if the weather stays nice. Hope so!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary! It s nice to meet you. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

7. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Laposta View Post
    Thank you, Charlye. Wow I haven't been to bingo in a long time as it's been difficult for me to get there and I know I couldn't handle it yet. I can just imagine how much fun it was for you to get out and crochet at bingo though I sort of know what you mean about taking with. I would sometimes take what I was working on to work and crochet on the bus, or during breaks. I was working in a nursing home, and it always seemed to be great conversation starters when residents would come have a look, or with other people sitting next to me on the bus. Though, for me it wasn't as often as you. I have a feeling that might change though. I have a strong urge to carry my work to the park and sit in some shade while crocheting tomorrow, if the weather stays nice. Hope so!
    Mary that does sound like fun going to the park and crochet. Two of my favorate things, being
    outside and crocheting. Same here with the weather. I live in Northern IL. Where are you?
    charlye

9. Likes Mary Laposta, AudreyL liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Mary welcome from Pa. We are so glad you joined crochet talk. I have crocheted over 30 years and enjoy it very much

11. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Mary, it is so nice to meet you. I am disabled as well with diabetes and parkinson and chronic pain. I know what you mean when you say it keeps your mind off the pain. I have only been crocheting a year now and I love it. Like you I think it was the memories that made me want to do it. My mom used to sit and crochet. She made me a beautiful brown and white afghan when I got married. I am new here too and so far i have really enjoyed it and already have gotten some good tips as well as places to find some nice patterns. Welcome and I hope you will enjoy your time with everyone

13. Likes Mary Laposta liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Lorisa. Nice to meet you. I love your rose fillet doily in your picture. It's a very nice pattern. So feminine and romantically charming. Your white squirrel picture is amazing too.. lol how cute!! I would love to crochet some doilies as well, though haven't as yet attempted such a challenge. But it's on my crochet bucket list

Post Thanks / Like
    Charlye I'm in Toronto, Ont. It ended up raining so heavy last night that the park was just out of the question for today And the sky seems to have not cleared up much as yet. Perhaps in a day or two when things dry up some. I guess 'cos we had such a long winter this year, making it outside to crochet will be a real treat to enjoy every second of fresh air and sunshine .. not that it wasn't before but.. you know that old gratitude kicks in ever stronger sometimes.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for your warm welcome to crochet talk, Audrey. I can just imagine all the wonderful creations you've made having crocheted for over 30 years.. wow! I'll be looking forward to seeing your work you share very much indeed.