Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: hello everyone

Post Thanks / Like

hello everyone

My name is Sonnetta and I am disabled. I have 3 grown children and4 grandsons with 2 more on the way. I love to crochet and do other crafts. I find it helps me to relax and helps to keep my mind off my pain. I love to make things for people as well as my family. It gives me such great satisfaction to see the smiles on the faces of the people i give my finished things to. My grandson loves the stuffed animals i make him. So far he has a crocheted dog he named sparkles and a blue hippo i crocheted for him and he named him Thomas. My daughter says he takes the everywhere he goes and sleeps with them every night. I am so very happy to be here and hope to meet many new friends and exchange ideas. I have only been at it a year so I can always learn more. God bless you all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I am Larisa doily maker
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    nice to meet you. I havent started making doilies yet. They look a little complicated. I have only been doing this a year. Maybe sometime you could give me some advice on how to make them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sonetta! I am addicted to filet pieces these days. They are really easy to make. Do you have a cat? I have 5 birds -- Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    No I don"t have a cat. My daughter and grandson are allergic to them but I do have 2 dogs. I have a beagle named Lucky and a black Lab named Cracker which is a good name for him. He can be a cracker at times and he loves crackers. I have been wanting to try filet pieces. Could you give me some tips on how to do them. I have seen some very pretty patterns for them but they looked so difficult. I have only been crocheting for a year. It is so nice to meet you. I don't get out much because of my disabilities so I am hoping to meet some new friends on here and learn more about crocheting and exchanging ideas.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello! It s interesting to hear about your dogs. Filet pieces consist of "filled" and 'empty' cells. I use to make DC chain 2 as empty cell and 3 DCs as filled cell. Just follow pattern. I wish you good health. I used to make other types of doilies but now I make only filet ones. I have one doily half made. It should make a pair with another one... Have a good day -- Larisa
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    You make it sound so easy. Thank you so much. i think when i am done with the doll dress i am making I will try one of the filet patterns I will let you know how it turns out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Feel free to ask any time
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello and welcome to the crochet message boards! This is a great place to share with others as well as learn about crochet and knitting! Thank you for joining us and we hope you enjoy your time here among crochet friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Sonnetta
    Welcome to our little corner of the world. I have only been on here since Fed-Mar and I am addicted already. I am sure you will really enjoy it here. Do you take pictures of the things you make? I so we would love to see them posted under the forum called PICTURES. If not that is OK too. But those of us who can try to show the pictures of the things we make, it gives others ideas and help sometime if you can see what something someone is working on to see if you want to try something along that lines. I would thing it to be a lot harder to make animals and doll clothes but I have not tried any of them. My 2 grand daughters are in there 30-37. I have no little ones in my family now.
    I also make things to give away. I make hats for cancer patients and baby afghans at showers. I have been making filet baby afghans mostly animals like teddy bear, squirrels, elephants, butterfly, dragon fly and will try most anything if it is filet. I also like to do the corner to corner afghans. I really love working with yarn more the thread as my eye site is not what it used to be. I also work with cross stitch, plastic canvas and beads. I like to try new thing too.
    That is enough about me. You sound like you have crochet under control as you can do animals. So if you want to try some thing just jump right into it. If you don't like it try something else. One of the friends on here makes dish clothes or wash clothes to check her gauge but you can try something so can try something different on something small to see if you like it. Just a suggestions. ENJOY yourself that is what is important, if you don't like it becomes a labor rather then fun.
    Again Welcome to Crochet Talk.
    charlye

Quote Originally Posted by sonnetta View Post
    My name is Sonnetta and I am disabled. I have 3 grown children and4 grandsons with 2 more on the way. I love to crochet and do other crafts. I find it helps me to relax and helps to keep my mind off my pain. I love to make things for people as well as my family. It gives me such great satisfaction to see the smiles on the faces of the people i give my finished things to. My grandson loves the stuffed animals i make him. So far he has a crocheted dog he named sparkles and a blue hippo i crocheted for him and he named him Thomas. My daughter says he takes the everywhere he goes and sleeps with them every night. I am so very happy to be here and hope to meet many new friends and exchange ideas. I have only been at it a year so I can always learn more. God bless you all.