Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Post Thanks / Like

Member from alabama

Hello to everyone. I am so glad to have found this site. I have discovered great crochet patterns here. Presently I am working on Christmas gifts for my two daughter-in-laws. Crocheted snowflakes for them to hang on their Christmas trees. Last year I made everyone caps and matching scarves.
    Anyway, I am a grandmother living in Huntsville, AL. Anymore Alabamians out there? I raise and sell CKC registered small Boston Terriers. Right now I have a litter of 8 to sell. Can you believe that a small Boston Terrier had 8 puppies? They are such sweet little dogs and what I like about them is that they don't shed - clean house!
    I have been crocheting since I was a little girl - taught by my mother. Thanks Mom! I think all mothers should teach their children when they are young like mine did. But, alas, my daughter never wanted to learn when she was young. Now she wishes she had. Now in her 30's she is going to try to learn from a book as she lives too far away from me now. Good luck with that. Anyone else learn from a book? Hope it's not impossible.
    Enough about me. I love this site and the people I've met on here. Looking for some more friends especially those from Alabama and the South. But love all of you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello,

Welcome to the crochet forums! It is a pleasure to meet you and have you here! Feel free to share in the forums if you like!

I am from Oklahoma but am sure you will find some great friends here. I learned in a variety of ways to crochet: watching my mother, watching you tube videos, and reading.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Forum. I crochet doilies
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like

Book learning

Hi jemjoy! Glad you found us! Yes, your dtr can learn from a book. I was forced into doing that because I am left handed and had no one to teach me. Of course that was difficult too since 40 plus yrs ago there were no lefty instructions. And now there is YouTube,Google and so many videos even lefties can learn more easily.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi. Nice to meet you. Crochet is my obsession. I think you can learn at any age. Well, except I tell my grand daughter I'll teach her when she's 8. She's a lefty though so that will be my challenge.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi JemJoy! I live in Huntsville, AL too!

Shelley

Post Thanks / Like
    I learned from a book and a cd. Seemed like that was the easiest way for me to learn. My mom tried to teach me as a teenager but I never caught on then my daughter in law tried and I caught on a little but since I watched a cd about learning to crochet and did some patterns from the beginner book it has been much easier for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from L A. That's Lower Alabama to those who don't live in the deep South. In answer to your question, my grandmother taught me how to chain stitch, but almost every other stitch I've learned was from a book. It's just easier for me to look at a picture. Same thing with knitting; I wanted to learn, so I got a book. Crochet is my first love, though. I have two daughters and neither of them wanted to learn, but I do have granddaughters who are interested; also a great niece who is learning with a little help from me long distance.
    I am also making Christmas and birthday gifts, a prayer shawl for my older sister (knit) and a Christmas tree (crochet) for my baby sister. She saw mine last year and has put in a request for one. For their birthdays, I made both of them a crochet basket, one an owl and the other a clothesline crochet basket, and filled them with crochet potholders and dishcloths. Also figured out how to make a little crochet round box from the fat cardboard tubes inside crochet thread. Been trying for years to think of something to do with them.
    Enough for now. Been online looking at patterns. Love this place and Ravelry.com.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello from Europe. I crochet doileis and collect patterns
    ɹǝʞɐɯ ʎןıop ɐsıɹɐן

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi JemJoy and welcome from Pa. We are glad you decided to join our forum. I am a avid crocheter for over 30 years