Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Anyone cooking out for the 4th of July weekend?

Only one week left until the Fourth of July, for those who celebrate the holiday! We were going to have a fish fry, but we have had so much rain the river has been running too hard to put in snag lines. So, our next alternative is to grill hamburgers and hotdogs with all the fixings.

So, anyone cooking out for the 4th of July weekend?

Post Thanks / Like
    We might go to my husband's mom's house to have a grill out, hamburgers and hotdogs etc., but it is not 100% planned yet.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara, sorry you can't have your fish fry, that sounds soooo goog! But grilled hamburgers and hot dogs are yummy too, at least I think so :-). Yes we will be grilling out don't know who all will be here but we will defineately be grilling something!! Have a great holiday!!! Hugs Winnie

Post Thanks / Like
    I think DH might be off at some point, so grilled hamburgers is a thought-I'll probably make some noodle or potato salad and baked beans, too.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am currently in the mountains of far western Maryland at a cabin that my mom and dad built in the 50's. There are several other cabins in the valley that are owned by cousins; this was property my grandfather bought many, many years ago that was split up among his 10 children! Most of the 5 1/2 acres remains in the family. On the 4th of July, camp (as we call it) is pretty full of cousins of all ages running around. This year will be extra sweet for me as my older brother is coming in from Seattle to spend the holiday here with me. I am planning on grilling some burgers and dogs and visiting with lots of cousins around their campfires and maybe even enjoying some s'mores! Then, we will have our very own fireworks show compliments of one particular branch of the family that loves to blow up things! I am so grateful to have this little slice of heaven, or as one cousins calls it, "God's prettiest pace on Earth." I hope all here enjoy their holiday!
    Auntie Alice

Post Thanks / Like

Cool 4th of July

We are having part of our family for the 4th. Only about 20 people this year. Hamburgers and hotdogs for lunch. Good old choice never frozen Nebraska rivers for dinner plus the trimmings. The guys do most of the cooking and I have taught some of the grandkids how to make the cherry dump cake for my Dutch oven. Delegate, delegate, delegate! My husband has a small cannon to start things off with a bang!

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know for sure. My boyfriend wants me to go to his mom's with him and then watch fireworks down where she lives but not for sure yet. If we dont then i will cook out hamburgs and hot dogs. And if we do I am going to have my kids over on the 5th for a cookout and spend time with them

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Barbara, just finished making macaroni salad to go with baked beans, corn on the cob, grilled hamburger and hot dogs!! Getting hungry just thinking about it haha!! Did you get to have your fish fry? Whatever you are doing I hope you are having a good day and a good holiday weekend!! Hugs Winnie